First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
I was told to "MSN" somebody
I was told to "MSN" somebody. So which MSN replacement program do you folks recommend of $ apt-cache search MSN | wc -l 53 given that I don't use KDE etc. but just nodm. -- To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST(a)lists.debian.org with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster(a)lists.debia... 13 Aug 2010 20:09
Evolution Backup ??
On Tue, 2010-08-10 at 15:44 -0500, John W Foster wrote: Anyone know the best way to completely back up Evolutions files mail, contacts etc. There does not seem to be a way built in. Will gladly be proven wrong. I, lost all my files 2 times in the last few years & its a PITA. Isn't that what "Backup Setti... 12 Aug 2010 01:43
It also lists the DBM library this is being used: s/this/that/ ?
  Does `It also lists the DBM library this is being used' a correct English phrase? $ zgrep -C4 'DBM library this is being used' /usr/share/doc/exim4/spec.txt.gz -bV     This option causes Exim to write the current version number, compilation     number, and compilation date of the exim binary to the standar... 10 Aug 2010 10:13
2 packages with the same file
Hello, If I create a package with the same file than an other package which is already installed on my computer, I can't install it. But when I download a package with the same file than an other package which is already installed on my computer, I can install it. Now I prove it : I have 2 packages with the... 12 Aug 2010 19:10
No AMD64 Daily Netinst Images (Squeeze)
Am I the only one who noticed that when you go to Debian's site and try and download a daily image of Squeeze / Testing Netinst under 'amd64', there is nothing there. I see ISO downloads available for i386 but not amd64. Anyone know what is going on? -- To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST(a)lists.debia... 10 Aug 2010 11:21
Can't write dual layer DVD
Hi all, I use Debian system with KDE3, only partially updated to SID (originally SID based, two years ago), with kernel 2.6.32. I can write single layer DVDs with no problems (using k3b). When trying to record dual layer, my drive starts humming (disc rotating at high speed), then after few minutes k3b reports I/O... 10 Aug 2010 08:00
aptitude update Connection refused?
Good morning! Please, when I try to update my sources.list of one of my machine, I receive this message error: nina:~# aptitude update Err ftp://debian.mirror.ac.za sid Release.gpg Could not connect to debian.mirror.ac.za:21 (192.168.0.4). - connect (111: Connection refused) Err ftp://debian.mirror.ac.za s... 12 Aug 2010 03:52
squeeze radeonhd and openGL
Hi I tested squeeze amd64 with an ATI HD3400 (R600) graphic card. 1/ It works with non-free firmware and driver (fglrx). glxinfo ok glxgears thousands fps extremetuxracer more than 100 fps 2/ i tried with radeonhd driver and miserably failed: glxinfo -> segfault anything with GL -> segfault i tested li... 10 Aug 2010 04:45
how to create a new partition for installing another os?
Dear All My Debian server shows three primary partitions and one extended partition but when I try to add a new partition via fdisk for installing another os it is returning as 'no free sectors available' . It seems that I have a vast amount of free space on my disk so please let me know why I cannot add a partiti... 10 Aug 2010 06:55
Udev rule for external hard-drive
Hello all, I'm attempting a rule for my new external hard-drive, but it doesn't seem to be taking. For reference, I am using Debian 5.0.5 am following the wiki's instructions[1] and am using the kernel developers' guide as a reference[2]. My udevinfo output: $ udevinfo -a -p /sys/block/sdb/sdb1/ | grep seria... 10 Aug 2010 13:35