From: Bruce on
On Mon, 24 May 2010 09:13:09 -0700, John Navas
<jnspam1(a)navasgroup.com> wrote:

>"The best camera is the one you have with you."

A meaningless phrase ... from the master of meaningless phrases.

From: John Navas on
On Sat, 22 May 2010 12:51:42 -0700 (PDT), DanP <dan.petre(a)gmail.com>
wrote in
<db6e1d5a-4118-4762-9678-80015257d54a(a)o15g2000vbb.googlegroups.com>:

>On 20 May, 18:35, John Navas <spamfilt...(a)navasgroup.com> wrote:
>
>> Again, great photos can be taken with pretty much *any* camera.
>
>True, using any camera a good photographer will take some good
>pictures (portraits, action, wildlife, macro, night, landscape,
>candid).
>But if you want to be able to take good shots in all situations you
>will need a good camera.
>Anyway, most good photographers own good cameras.

Again the myth that great equipment makes for great photographs. It
doesn't. The *only* thing that matters is the skill of the
photographer. Nobody looks at a great photograph and says, "Wow, look
at that Nikon image!" And no one camera is best in all situations.
--
Best regards,
John

Buying a dSLR doesn't make you a photographer,
it makes you a dSLR owner.
"The single most important component of a camera
is the twelve inches behind it." -Ansel Adams
From: John Navas on
On Thu, 20 May 2010 19:24:55 +0100, Bruce <docnews2011(a)gmail.com> wrote
in <4cvav55t6ajgv6so6tqlvbspame8k0snh9(a)4ax.com>:

>On 20 May 2010 17:16:21 GMT, Stuffed Crust <pizza(a)spam.shaftnet.org>
>wrote:
>
>>In rec.photo.digital.slr-systems John Navas <spamfilter1(a)navasgroup.com> wrote:
>>> "A bad workman always blames his tools." [proverb]
>>>
>>> It's a common misconception that a great tool can make you a great
>>> workman. It can't. What matters is the workman, not the tool.
>>> Great photos can be taken with pretty much *any* camera.
>>
>>Yeah, you can use a screwdriver as a chisel, sometimes wih decent-ish
>>results, but that dosn't change the fact that with a real chisel you'll
>>get better results considerably more easily -- and it'll also let you do
>>things that simply weren't possible with a screwdriver. Assuming you
>>know what you're doing.
>
>If there is one thing in life of which we can all be certain, it is
>that John Navas has not the faintest idea what he is talking about.

'Those who have evidence will present their evidence,
whereas those who do not have evidence will attack the man.'
--
Best regards,
John

"Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level
and then beat you with experience." -Dr. Alan Zimmerman
From: John Navas on

From: John Navas on
On Mon, 24 May 2010 18:31:53 +0100, Bruce <docnews2011(a)gmail.com> wrote
in <6vdlv591vgvg70upahs9mfpeuseivf65f9(a)4ax.com>:

>On Mon, 24 May 2010 09:13:09 -0700, John Navas
><jnspam1(a)navasgroup.com> wrote:
>>
>>"The best camera is the one you have with you."
>
>A meaningless phrase ... from the master of meaningless phrases.

You know yourself better than I would have thought. ;)