From: Hunter01 on
Rod Speed wrote:
> lynx <none(a)nothere.com> wrote
>
>> I'm wondering if a hard whack on the bench top might have some good effect.
>
> Nope, it wont, you watch.

Has worked for me in the past, even if short lived... Not just with
hard-drives either, percussive maintenance has been a tried and true
methodology with many problems, especially true with CRT related probs.
From: Rod Speed on
Hunter01 <hunter01(a)iinet.net.au> wrote
> Rod Speed wrote
>> lynx <none(a)nothere.com> wrote

>>> I'm wondering if a hard whack on the bench top might have some good effect.

>> Nope, it wont, you watch.

> Has worked for me in the past, even if short lived...

Not with the symptoms he has it hasnt.

> Not just with hard-drives either, percussive maintenance has been a tried and true methodology
> with many problems, especially true with CRT related probs.

Yeah, it does work with dry joints, bad connections, and stiction with hard drives.

From: Otter on
In news:5209g8F1mjih6U1(a)mid.individual.net,
Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa(a)gmail.com> typed:

> Yeah, it does work with dry joints, bad connections, and stiction
> with hard drives.

Especially with hard drives.