From: Oldus Fartus on
SeaNymph wrote:
> "Jenn" <me(a)nowhere.whocareswhatthisemailisanyway> wrote in message
>> I've never ridden in a NYC cab before.
>
> The bitter, unhappy woman had a curse placed upon her, by one of the king's
> minions, and because of that, was unable to participate in the lively
> discussions held by the townspeople. Her tongue had been silenced and she
> could no longer speak when she was within the boundaries of the king's
> domain.

I think I know this story.

--
Cheers
Oldus Fartus
From: Jenn on
SeaNymph wrote:
> "Jenn" <me(a)nowhere.whocareswhatthisemailisanyway> wrote in message
>>
>> I've never ridden in a NYC cab before.
>
> The bitter, unhappy woman had a curse placed upon her, by one of the
> king's minions, and because of that, was unable to participate in the
> lively discussions held by the townspeople. Her tongue had been
> silenced and she could no longer speak when she was within the
> boundaries of the king's domain.
>

>> --

The Iron Hand

Once upon a time there was a city with a small population and they were
ruled by an iron hand and forced to obey rules that were written on the
wind. They liked their little town, but the mayor was constantly threatened
by the iron hand with being banished if he didn't keep his subjects under
his thumb properly. The mayor liked his city and people and they liked him,
but he was weary of the situation and truely wanted his subjects to be free
and happy, but if he were to remain the mayor of the city he had to continue
to force his subjects into obedience under the rule of the iron hand. On
the outside they would all make nice and pretend they were content
submitting to the iron hand, however, on occasion they would get bold and
murmur amongst themselves and dream of freedom from the iron hand.

Will they ever be free from the iron hand? Time will tell. Sometimes, such
freedom only comes from what seems to be a great loss and a few will be
willing to take that risk, and still many others who are under the rule of
an iron hand never break loose to find their freedom that awaits them.

Moral of the story: What are you willing to give up to be ruled by an iron
hand?

--
Jenn (from Oklahoma)
copyrighted 2010 <g>

From: Jenn on
Dustin Cook wrote:
> "Jenn" <nope(a)noway.atnohow.anyday> wrote in news:ht4qqi$om2$1
> @news.eternal-september.org:
>
>> Dustin Cook wrote:
>>> "Jenn" <me(a)nowhere.whocareswhatthisemailisanyway> wrote in

>>> I wave them thru; I'm driving a slow pokey thing.
>>
>> .. a van .. right?
>>

> Yep. A 1990 model econoline 150; with the 4.9L straight six cylinder
> powered by a 3 speed (no overdrive) transmission. She's slow, pokey
> and big.

sooo what's a guy like you want with a big van like that? :)

--
Jenn (from Oklahoma)

From: starwars on

From: FromTheRafters on
"starwars" <nonscrivetemi(a)tatooine.homelinux.net> wrote in message

[...]

> The truth, as we have found with Raid, enters
> the Raid event horizon and - voila! come out lies. And
> someone told me quantum mechanics were beyond the understanding of
> laymen. We understand it now, don't we, kiddies?

Apparently you don't - you have something coming *out* of the event
horizon.