From: Jenn on
Dustin Cook wrote:

> Not all laws should be respected;

Really? Which laws?

> I am not a sheep who needs to be led
> around like so many lemmings do. I am capable of thinking for myself,
> and do quiet well. If nobody takes a stand for unjust laws, change
> does not happen. If you wish to be a lemming and follow the laws that
> aren't written for your best interests, then you feel free to do so.
> I will walk my own way.

........ seems like you just recently gave me a hard time about me reading
ngs I am banned from? Could it be we are more alike than you might want to
admit? Both of us being a bit of a rebel? hmm?

>> So it seems what you post now is also bullshit.
>
> Let me make sure I understand you. Because I smoke a joint or a bowl
> now and then, everything I say should automatically be dismissed as
> bullshit? Do you have any idea, really, how stupid that statement is?

.... and because I read posts on annexcafe ... should everything I say should
automatically be dismissed and that gives you the right to treat me badly?
<snip>

--
Jenn (from Oklahoma)

From: Dustin Cook on
"Jenn" <nope(a)noway.atnohow.anyday> wrote in

> Dustin Cook wrote:
>
>> Not all laws should be respected;
>
> Really? Which laws?

Well, off the top of my head...

Any law which establishes ownership of another human being; IE: Slavery.
That was a law here, once... It was not just and should have never been
respected. We had a civil war over it.. Well, not just it, but it was
part of it.

Marijuana is in the same category; it's been made illegal to remove a
labor force who at the time, various racist individuals thought was
taking our jobs. I do not respect this, and cannot respect this.

>> I am not a sheep who needs to be led
>> around like so many lemmings do. I am capable of thinking for myself,
>> and do quiet well. If nobody takes a stand for unjust laws, change
>> does not happen. If you wish to be a lemming and follow the laws that
>> aren't written for your best interests, then you feel free to do so.
>> I will walk my own way.
>
> ....... seems like you just recently gave me a hard time about me
> reading ngs I am banned from? Could it be we are more alike than you
> might want to admit? Both of us being a bit of a rebel? hmm?

accessing a private network isn't the same as being slight disobedient to
unjust civil laws supposedly passed by and for the masses; ie you and I.

>>> So it seems what you post now is also bullshit.
>>
>> Let me make sure I understand you. Because I smoke a joint or a bowl
>> now and then, everything I say should automatically be dismissed as
>> bullshit? Do you have any idea, really, how stupid that statement is?
>
> ... and because I read posts on annexcafe ... should everything I say
> should automatically be dismissed and that gives you the right to
> treat me badly? <snip>

The legality of marijuana and your activities on annexcafe aren't
related; I'm unsure how you come to these conclusions...

--
Feel free to steal this tagline!
From: Jenn on
Dustin Cook wrote:
> "Jenn" <nope(a)noway.atnohow.anyday> wrote in
>
>> Dustin Cook wrote:
>>
>>> Not all laws should be respected;
>>
>> Really? Which laws?

> Well, off the top of my head...

> Any law which establishes ownership of another human being; IE:
> Slavery. That was a law here, once... It was not just and should have
> never been respected. We had a civil war over it.. Well, not just it,
> but it was part of it.

Slavery wasn't just lawful at the time .. it was a way of life that had to
be changed in the mindset of those people who believed it was ok.... I do
agree with you about it being unjust.. I just thought you were talking about
laws these days.

> Marijuana is in the same category; it's been made illegal to remove a
> labor force who at the time, various racist individuals thought was
> taking our jobs. I do not respect this, and cannot respect this.

I'm not convinced mj should be legalized. It's too much of a drug to be
legalized. I don't have issues with medical usage of it, tho, unless it's
found to be more harmful than good in such cases.

>>> I am not a sheep who needs to be led
>>> around like so many lemmings do. I am capable of thinking for
>>> myself, and do quiet well. If nobody takes a stand for unjust laws,
>>> change does not happen. If you wish to be a lemming and follow the
>>> laws that aren't written for your best interests, then you feel
>>> free to do so. I will walk my own way.

>> ....... seems like you just recently gave me a hard time about me
>> reading ngs I am banned from? Could it be we are more alike than you
>> might want to admit? Both of us being a bit of a rebel? hmm?

> accessing a private network isn't the same as being slight
> disobedient to unjust civil laws supposedly passed by and for the
> masses; ie you and I.

It's not rocket science.. anyone can sign up for an account there and the
system sets it up and confirms the membership automatically. It would be
different if I had to do something illegal to gain access to membership,
which isn't necessary at all. One person could have 25 different memberships
and the system would still set it up automatically. No laws are being
broken by signing up for a membership.

>>> Let me make sure I understand you. Because I smoke a joint or a bowl
>>> now and then, everything I say should automatically be dismissed as
>>> bullshit? Do you have any idea, really, how stupid that statement
>>> is?
>>
>> ... and because I read posts on annexcafe ... should everything I say
>> should automatically be dismissed and that gives you the right to
>> treat me badly? <snip>

> The legality of marijuana and your activities on annexcafe aren't
> related; I'm unsure how you come to these conclusions...

The point is you feel you have been judged as some sort of evil person
because you smoke a joint now and then... yet you are content to judge me in
a similar way because I read ng posts on AC using a membership I signed up
for just like everyone else.

--
Jenn (from Oklahoma)

From: FromTheRafters on
"Jenn" <nope(a)noway.atnohow.anyday> wrote in message
> Dustin Cook wrote:
>
>> Not all laws should be respected;
>
> Really? Which laws?

We have a traffic law here about stop signs. Right of Way laws cite how
the Four Way Stop should be handled when all four vehicles arrive at the
same time (since they are *all* to the right). IIRC it states "Neither
shall proceed until the other has passed". If I'm not mistaken, we still
have the death penalty for horse theft (hanging, and a governor named
Lynch).

I was once falsely accused of a crime and had to pay a fine, so, I lost
respect for the system at a young age.

From: SeaNymph on

> It's not rocket science.. anyone can sign up for an account there and the
> system sets it up and confirms the membership automatically. It would be
> different if I had to do something illegal to gain access to membership,
> which isn't necessary at all. One person could have 25 different
> memberships and the system would still set it up automatically. No laws
> are being broken by signing up for a membership.

Is your AC account or accounts under your current name? You never did
answer that question.