From: Ant on
On 12/30/2009 12:26 PM PT, ANTant(a)zimage.com typed:

>>> Primary IDE Channel #1:
>>> Device 0: Current Transfer Mode: Ultra DMA Mode 5
>>> Device 1: Current Transfer Mode: Not Applicable
>>>
>>> Primary IDE Channel #1:
>>> Device 0: Current Transfer Mode: Ultra DMA Mode 2
>>> Device 1: Current Transfer Mode: Not Applicable
>>
>> Presumably that is a typo and the second one is the secondary channel.
>
> http://img697.imageshack.us/img697/8297/screenshotl.gif for screen shots.

No reply about this possible typo or something, Rod or anyone? :(
--
"I have to sit up with a sick ant." --unknown
/\___/\
| |o o| | Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net
\ _ / Nuke ANT from e-mail address: philpi(a)earthlink.netANT
( ) or ANTant(a)zimage.com
Ant is/was listening to a song on his home computer: TrevorMcNally - TM
- Retrovert (ID: 298973)
From: Rod Speed on
Ant wrote:
> On 12/30/2009 10:40 PM PT, Rod Speed typed:

>> Probably, its in the Computer tab on the left, second from the top.
>
> I will check again on Monday (long weekend now). Happy new year BTW.
> ;)

Thanks for that, same to you and yours.

From: Rod Speed on
Ant wrote
> ANTant(a)zimage.com wrote

>>> Presumably that is a typo and the second one is the secondary channel.

>> http://img697.imageshack.us/img697/8297/screenshotl.gif for screen shots.

> No reply about this possible typo or something, Rod or anyone? :(

I didnt bother to comment because it obviously wasnt a typo.

The motherboard has two separate controllers so it can have two primarys.

From: Ant on
On 12/31/2009 2:59 PM PT, Rod Speed typed:

>>> http://img697.imageshack.us/img697/8297/screenshotl.gif for screen shots.
>
>> No reply about this possible typo or something, Rod or anyone? :(
>
> I didnt bother to comment because it obviously wasnt a typo.
>
> The motherboard has two separate controllers so it can have two primarys.

OK. :)
--
"Still we live meanly, like ants;... like pygmies we fight with
cranes;... Our life is frittered away by detail. Simplify...
/ /\ /\ \ Phil./Ant @ http://antfarm.ma.cx (Personal Web Site)
| |o o| | Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net
\ _ / Nuke ANT from e-mail address: philpi(a)earthlink.netANT
( ) or ANTant(a)zimage.com
Ant is/was listening to a song on his home computer: 009 Sound System -
Dreamscape
From: Franc Zabkar on
On 31 Dec 2009 16:56:55 GMT, Arno <me(a)privacy.net> put finger to
keyboard and composed:

>Franc Zabkar <fzabkar(a)iinternode.on.net> wrote:

>> On 30 Dec 2009 15:55:52 GMT, Arno <me(a)privacy.net> put finger to
>> keyboard and composed:

>>>Franc Zabkar <fzabkar(a)iinternode.on.net> wrote:

>> Here are the two SMART reports:

>> Local Time is: Tue Dec 29 15:33:24 2009 PST
>
>> 9 Power_On_Minutes 0x0032 141 141 000 Old_age Always
>> - 614h+43m
>> Local Time is: Tue Dec 29 18:23:31 2009 PST
>
>> 9 Power_On_Minutes 0x0032 141 141 000 Old_age Always
>> - 617h+32m
>
>> Difference in Local Time is 2hrs 50min.
>
>> Difference in Power_On_Minutes is 2hrs 49min.
>
>Thanks for ruining my (obviously wrong)
>interpretation.
>
>Hmm. Time since last power-up then?
>
>Arno

Yes, that sounds logical.

Perhaps the normalised value of Power_On_Minutes (or Power_on_Time)
represents the total lifetime???

If we assume that a value of 253 equates to Power_on_Time = 0, and if
we accept a figure of 10 years at 24/7 as being the total lifetime
before the drive hits the SMART threshold of 0, then the drive's age
is somewhere between ...

((253 - 141) / 253) x 10 = 4.43 years

((253 - 140) / 253) x 10 = 4.47 years

If the OS has not been rebuilt since the initial installation, then
one would expect the date stamp of the Windows directory to reflect
the age of the drive, probably mid July of 2005.

The drive appears to be power cycled once every month, on average.

- Franc Zabkar