First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38
What is Bit Spread?
Hi, I'm reading Andrew N. Sloss's book <<ARM System Developers Guide-Designing and Optimizing System Software>>. There is a description about Bit Permutation. I extrat several lines of code here: 7.6.2.1 Bit PermutationMacros mask0 EQU 0x55555555 ; set bit positions with b0=0 mask1 EQU 0x33333333 ; set bi... 17 Apr 2010 19:38
Fair scheduling of the equal priority tasks in RTOS
Suppose we have several active tasks with equal priorities. So, one task runs for one timer tick, then the next task runs for another timer tick, so on. Scheduler goes in a round robin manner. At some moment, a higher priority task is activated. We execute this task, and then we have to return back to the ro... 20 Apr 2010 15:41
A 16-bit/32-bit microprocessor specifically for UAV purpose
Hi everyone, I am a newbie here. So some of the queries might seem inexperienced. Also, I am a little inexperienced about embedded systems. So please bear with my stupidities sometimes. What I exactly want to know is something like this. I am building a UAV and I am having some problems in controlling the speed of ... 17 Apr 2010 11:51
Using AVR-GCC toolchain on Mac OS X
Has anyone here taken the leap to a Mac based AVR development system? I'm attempting to use AVRdude with an AVRISP mkII programmer and it's showing signs of life, but it doesn't seem to be happy when the ISP cable is not connected to a target system. Specifically, the red/green status LED on the AVRISP doesn't ligh... 4 May 2010 04:37
Benchmarking a toy example on SH-4
Hello everyone, I have a 266 MHz, dual issue, 5-stage integer pipeline, SH-4 CPU. I've written a small piece of assembly to make sure I understand what is going on in the trivial case. The code: r4 = loop iteration count r5 = address of the time-stamp counter (1037109 Hz) ..text ..little ..global _n... 23 Apr 2010 20:37
Opinions wanted on career-limiting moves (<g>)
LTNS all. After a long absence, I'm interested in hearing opinions - public or private - about how people here would perceive a career move that I'm contemplating. I'm a senior-level engineer at BigCorp - technically I work in a firmware group, but I've been lucky enough to keep a generic design engineer titl... 20 Apr 2010 15:41
Boot Block of NOR flash memories ??
HI, I have the following queries based on the Flash Memory, 000. What is the advantage of Top Boot Flash Memory and What is the advantage of Bottom Boot Flash memory ? 001. what are the other differences between these Boot Block based Flash memories and Normal Flash Memories ? Satish ... 14 Apr 2010 18:54
32 bit microcontroller with external memory bus needed
I'm looking to branch out beyond the PIC chips that I've programmed in the past. I'm looking for a 32 bit microcontroller with an external memory bus. Beyond those requirements, speed is probably the next concern. I'd prefer something with16 bit ADC and DAC but I suppose that might be asking a bit much. Of cours... 14 Apr 2010 18:54
LCP vs Stellaris micro
Hello, Im just "researching" and I would like to know your opinion. Which microcontroller do you prefer? Stellaris from TI or LCP from NXP? Other? Why? I didn't use any. Altougth TI seems better for me because: more evaluation kits, TI licensed ARM technology longer ago than NXP (which may not mean nothing o... 14 Apr 2010 17:46
Pluggable Firmware Architecture for Embedded System
Can any one guide me how to develop pluggable fimrware architecture for embedded system. I am developing a product using ARM Cortex-M3 core. I am looking for an architecure where there will be a bare minimum functionality involved in product. However additional functionalities or modules are pluggable which can be ... 14 Apr 2010 15:32