From: Phil Bouchard on
eric gisse wrote:

> Gosh Phil, have you even read the scholarly literature that your link
> references?

That is hilarious. The article says it is possible traveling
faster-than-light but no information can be transmitted. So if this
phenomenon is actually observed then you can call it a clock tick, which
is: INFORMATION.
From: eric gisse on
Phil Bouchard wrote:

> eric gisse wrote:
>>
>> Gosh Phil, have you even read the scholarly literature that your link
>> references?
>
> That is hilarious. The article says it is possible traveling
> faster-than-light but no information can be transmitted. So if this
> phenomenon is actually observed then you can call it a clock tick, which
> is: INFORMATION.

Gosh, Phil. It looks like you did not even read the linked arXiv article
that explains that nothing is actually traveling faster than light.

In fact, no relativity is even invoked. It is nothing more than classical
electrodynamics.
From: Phil Bouchard on
eric gisse wrote:

> Gosh, Phil. It looks like you did not even read the linked arXiv article
> that explains that nothing is actually traveling faster than light.
>
> In fact, no relativity is even invoked. It is nothing more than classical
> electrodynamics.

Oh yeah:

"Hence, these pulses appear to travel faster than light. This phenomenon
is caused by an interplay between the time scales present in the pulse
and the time scales present in the medium.".

This is not serious, seriously. So we fall back to that spacetime warp
deadlocked logic.
From: J. Clarke on
Phil Bouchard wrote:
> J. Clarke wrote:
>>
>> And since it contains no means by which it may be falsified, it is
>> not science.
>> Epic fail.
>
> "If it's not broken don't fix it!" -- Relativists

I thought I <plonk>ed you. Well, <plonk> you, your posting host, and the
domain you rode in on.

From: eric gisse on
Phil Bouchard wrote:

> eric gisse wrote:
>>
>> Gosh, Phil. It looks like you did not even read the linked arXiv article
>> that explains that nothing is actually traveling faster than light.
>>
>> In fact, no relativity is even invoked. It is nothing more than classical
>> electrodynamics.
>
> Oh yeah:
>
> "Hence, these pulses appear to travel faster than light. This phenomenon
> is caused by an interplay between the time scales present in the pulse
> and the time scales present in the medium.".
>

> This is not serious, seriously. So we fall back to that spacetime warp
> deadlocked logic.

So Phil, do you even have enough knowledge of electromagnetic theory to
understand the paper you just dismissed out of hand? Relativity did not have
to be invoked once to explain the phenomena.

If not, why are you talking about articles you do not understand?