From: PD on
On Jan 22, 12:46 pm, Phil Bouchard <p...(a)fornux.com> wrote:
> PD wrote:
>
> > One doesn't owe a disproving to nonsense. FR has to compete with
> > prevailing theories on the metrics that theories are measured by. If
> > yours doesn't compete, it doesn't. It isn't owed a disproof.
>
> $1,000,000

You don't have $1,000,000.

> > One can't disprove God, either. That doesn't make God a viable
> > scientific theory.
>
> Great analogy but I think common sense should be the ultimate decider.

And that's your mistake. A lot of cranks and goofballs here think that
relativity and quantum mechanics MUST be wrong because they are in
conflict with their common sense. Common sense does not decide, never
has, never should. You do know how models ARE tested in science, don't
you?

From: PD on
On Jan 22, 12:36 pm, Phil Bouchard <p...(a)fornux.com> wrote:
> J. Clarke wrote:
>
> > And since it contains no means by which it may be falsified, it is not
> > science.
> > Epic fail.
>
> "If it's not broken don't fix it!" -- Relativists

It's certainly not broken, that's right.
From: eric gisse on
Phil Bouchard wrote:

> PD wrote:
>>
>> One doesn't owe a disproving to nonsense. FR has to compete with
>> prevailing theories on the metrics that theories are measured by. If
>> yours doesn't compete, it doesn't. It isn't owed a disproof.
>
> $1,000,000

Really, Phil?

Show us a bank statement.

From: Phil Bouchard on
PD wrote:

[...]

> And that's your mistake. A lot of cranks and goofballs here think that
> relativity and quantum mechanics MUST be wrong because they are in
> conflict with their common sense. Common sense does not decide, never
> has, never should. You do know how models ARE tested in science, don't
> you?

Excuses not to work like everybody else...
From: Phil Bouchard on
eric gisse wrote:

[...]

>> This is not serious, seriously. So we fall back to that spacetime warp
>> deadlocked logic.
>
> So Phil, do you even have enough knowledge of electromagnetic theory to
> understand the paper you just dismissed out of hand? Relativity did not have
> to be invoked once to explain the phenomena.
>
> If not, why are you talking about articles you do not understand?

The *time* is warped:

"This phenomenon is caused by an interplay between the time scales
present in the pulse and the time scales present in the medium."

Doug really stuffed you with overconfidence...