From: Phil Bouchard on
PD wrote:

> Not at all. He's no god. Just a physicist. Happened to get a few
> things right.

Well the 2 postulates of SR are wrong, E=mc^2 never really was proven, ...

> First you have to mount a challenge. If you enter a boxing ring with a
> world-class boxer and say, "I challenge you!," trust me, that's no
> challenge.

If you're already some national champion he'll have to accept the
challenge actually. That's how it is, you challenge state title holders
after winning regional ones; you go on with the national tournament
after winning the state-wise one; and you then end up with world class
championships if all went well at your national tournament.
From: Phil Bouchard on
eric gisse wrote:

> Have you ever seen a grant application, Phil?

Yes, you need a biographical sketch for every individual part of the
application.
From: Androcles on

"Phil Bouchard" <phil(a)fornux.com> wrote in message
> PD wrote:
>>
>> Not at all. He's no god. Just a physicist. Happened to get a few
>> things right.
>
> Well the 2 postulates of SR are wrong,

Well the 2 names of Phil Bouhcard are wrong, but the first is correct.
The 3rd postulate of SR is wrong too; "the ``time'' required by light to
travel from A to B equals the ``time'' it requires to travel from B to A" is
complete nonsense if A moves wrt B.

Phuckwit Duck gets nothing right.
quote/
I have to admit that I am demoralized at the moment.

I had hoped that we could fight ignorance with a proactive rather
than a reactive approach, but this is clearly the improper forum for
that. A quick survey of the length of threads initiated by or drifting
to nonsense compared to the length of threads based on sound
thinking reveals the true interest in the proposal.

While it would be a useful project to contribute to the FAQ, the
intent was to educate in the context of discussion, a virtual
"classroom" if you will. There's no point in contributing to a
reference that none of the "students" will read or attempt to learn
from. The intention was to focus on *exactly* what is wrong in
someone's thinking (which varies from person to person), set it
straight, and then make progress from there.

I had high hopes -- really -- that perhaps one misguided soul would
read something sensible and say, "Oh... Really?...Oh. I see I was
confused. OK, I get it now. Now what about...?" My head knew better,
my heart does not.

[sitting in the duck blind, waiting with a shotgun for a duck to
appear]
PD
/unquote
Be careful not to blast his tail feathers, you might demoralize
the hypocritical bigot again.

From: PD on
On Jan 25, 12:43 pm, Phil Bouchard <p...(a)fornux.com> wrote:
> PD wrote:
>
> > Not at all. He's no god. Just a physicist. Happened to get a few
> > things right.
>
> Well the 2 postulates of SR are wrong,

What evidence is there that the principle of relativity is wrong,
Phil?
What evidence is there that the speed of light in a vacuum is not c,
Phil?

> E=mc^2 never really was proven, ...

Theories are not proven, Phil. Were you expecting it should be?

> > First you have to mount a challenge. If you enter a boxing ring with a
> > world-class boxer and say, "I challenge you!," trust me, that's no
> > challenge.
>
> If you're already some national champion he'll have to accept the
> challenge actually.

Not if the challenger is a schmuck from the street.

>  That's how it is, you challenge state title holders
> after winning regional ones; you go on with the national tournament
> after winning the state-wise one; and you then end up with world class
> championships if all went well at your national tournament.

Then you have a few preliminaries to win first, don't you?

From: Sam Wormley on
On 1/25/10 12:43 PM, Phil Bouchard wrote:

> Well the 2 postulates of SR are wrong...

Is that all the better you can do Phil?

From Einstein's
ON THE ELECTRODYNAMICS OF MOVING BODIES
By A. Einstein
June 30, 1905

They suggest rather that, as has already been shown to (1)
the first order of small quantities, the same laws of
electrodynamics and optics will be valid for all frames
of reference for which the equations of mechanics hold
good. We will raise this conjecture (the purport of which
will hereafter be called the ``Principle of Relativity'')
to the status of a postulate,

and also introduce another postulate, which is only (2)
apparently irreconcilable with the former, namely, that
light is always propagated in empty space with a definite
velocity c which is independent of the state of motion of
the emitting body.

These two postulates suffice for the attainment of a
simple and consistent theory of the electrodynamics of
moving bodies based on Maxwell's theory for stationary
bodies.

The introduction of a "luminiferous ether" will prove
to be superfluous inasmuch as the view here to be
developed will not require an "absolutely stationary
space" provided with special properties, nor assign a
velocity-vector to a point of the empty space in which
electromagnetic processes take place.

And, of course the paper goes on to develop the ideas
and make his case...

I would like to remind you Phil, that there has NEVER been on
observation that contradicts a prediction of special or general
relativity. NEVER!