From: PD on
On Jan 22, 4:33 pm, Phil Bouchard <p...(a)fornux.com> wrote:
> PD wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> > And that's your mistake. A lot of cranks and goofballs here think that
> > relativity and quantum mechanics MUST be wrong because they are in
> > conflict with their common sense. Common sense does not decide, never
> > has, never should. You do know how models ARE tested in science, don't
> > you?
>
> Excuses not to work like everybody else...

Nope. If you think other sciences use common sense to be the decider,
then you are sadly deluded.
From: Phil Bouchard on
PD wrote:

> Nope. If you think other sciences use common sense to be the decider,
> then you are sadly deluded.

Excuses, excuses, ... All you have to do is propel Einstein into a
Supergod to obtain grants and cancel any challenge.
From: eric gisse on
Phil Bouchard wrote:

> eric gisse wrote:
>
> [...]
>
>>> This is not serious, seriously. So we fall back to that spacetime warp
>>> deadlocked logic.
>>
>> So Phil, do you even have enough knowledge of electromagnetic theory to
>> understand the paper you just dismissed out of hand? Relativity did not
>> have to be invoked once to explain the phenomena.
>>
>> If not, why are you talking about articles you do not understand?
>
> The *time* is warped:
>
> "This phenomenon is caused by an interplay between the time scales
> present in the pulse and the time scales present in the medium."

Really, Phil? How does that sentence imply that time is warped?

Perhaps if you read the article and had a little background in
electromagnetic theory you would understand instead of making wild assed
assertions.

> Doug really stuffed you with overconfidence...

Well since I can read the article and comprehend it, and you can do neither,
I'd say I earned my overconfidence.
From: eric gisse on
Phil Bouchard wrote:

> PD wrote:
>>
>> Nope. If you think other sciences use common sense to be the decider,
>> then you are sadly deluded.
>
> Excuses, excuses, ... All you have to do is propel Einstein into a
> Supergod to obtain grants and cancel any challenge.

Have you ever seen a grant application, Phil?
From: PD on
On Jan 22, 5:22 pm, Phil Bouchard <p...(a)fornux.com> wrote:
> PD wrote:
>
> > Nope. If you think other sciences use common sense to be the decider,
> > then you are sadly deluded.
>
> Excuses, excuses, ...  All you have to do is propel Einstein into a
> Supergod

Not at all. He's no god. Just a physicist. Happened to get a few
things right.

> to obtain grants and cancel any challenge.

First you have to mount a challenge. If you enter a boxing ring with a
world-class boxer and say, "I challenge you!," trust me, that's no
challenge.