First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57
How to control/prevent cast between from complex to real variables
Hello, consider the following program : program diag implicit none complex :: z real :: x integer :: i z = cmplx(1.5,2.5) print*, "z=",z x = z print*, "x=",x z = x print*,"z=",z i = x print*,"i=",i end program diag In g95 (with option -Wall) I got two warnings : x = z 1 W... 17 Feb 2010 00:03
How to pass function names as arguments when function returns an array?
Woody <ols6000(a)sbcglobal.net> wrote: I'm having difficulty setting up declarations for functions whose names are being passed as arguments to a subroutine. What I am trying to accomplish in outline is .... I have placed MyFunc1 and MyFunc2 in a module. That code looks like .... In a different module,... 15 Feb 2010 12:02
Allocattable and namelist object
All, Someone has reported a bug against gfortran that suggests that following code is legal Fortran 2003. PROGRAM MAIN REAL, DIMENSION(:), ALLOCATABLE :: TAB NAMELIST/TOTO/TAB END PROGRAM MAIN Gfortran currently issues an error in accordance with a constraint in Fortran 95: F95, Sec 5.4, p. ... 17 Feb 2010 12:12
destructor advice in F2003
In Fortran 95 I employed the following technique for destroying a derived type object that had default initialized components: subroutine destroy (this) type(my_type), intent(inout) :: this type(my_type) :: default ! free all the resources belonging to the components of THIS this = default end subrout... 22 Feb 2010 10:42
UF file reading by Fortran
I'm doing the research about the atmospheric Radar. I have some Radar's data on my hand in ".uf file" which written from C language. Unfortunately, I usually work on Fortran only. So I don't have any knowledge about C and until now I can not open that file. I wanna open the uf file on Fortran, what should I do? ... 15 Feb 2010 04:19
OPEN error inconsistent
A Fortran program that used to work now gives an error when opening a file. The error is inconsistent in that it stops at different times for different runs. This program is run by many employees at work, on many different PCs, and it only recently started crashing only on two machines, which have been upgrade... 23 Feb 2010 04:38
Random_number
Hi, I've been working with astroparticle simulations using fortran, and I need to call random numbers. However, they need to be of a significant distance away from zero, in particular 2E16 or greater. Is there anyway to set a parameter with the 'random_number' command -- ie specify between what numbers the rand... 14 Feb 2010 03:02
Different Views of 3d matrix
Can you associate a pointer or something to a 3d matrix in such a way that access through the pointer gives a 1D view or the 3d matrix? ... 11 Feb 2010 19:35
Determining Screen Resolution
The following program compiled with CVF 6.5 determines the screen resolution hval X vval: use dfwin integer hval, vval integer hdc hdc = GetDC (0) hval = GetDeviceCaps (hdc , 8) vval = GetDeviceCaps (hdc , 10) write(*,*) hdc, hval, vval end The program works on Windows XP but I don’t ... 12 Feb 2010 06:33
Testing for existence of directory in Intel Visual Fortran
Back in the 9.x series of compilers, the user needed a DIRECTORY= parameter in the INQUIRE statement to test for the existence of a directory. The LRM for the 11.x compiler no longer shows this parameter and neither the 10.x or 11.x release notes say that it was deleted. Can somebody geive me the history and cu... 11 Feb 2010 09:23