From: Otto Bahn on
"Nicko" <nervous.nick(a)gmail.com> wrote

> WASHINGTON D.C.
> I braked at the stoplight and a sedan skidded to a halt
> on my right.
<
<You never told us that you had telekinetic powers. That is just,
<like, sooo cool!
<
<Or maybe it's just a matter of frame of reference.

I saw a Law & Order where they framed a reference.

--oTTo--

From: Bob Casanova on
On Mon, 9 Nov 2009 09:49:49 -0500, the following appeared in
sci.skeptic, posted by "Otto Bahn" <ei(a)eio.com>:

>"Nicko" <nervous.nick(a)gmail.com> wrote

>> WASHINGTON D.C.
>> I braked at the stoplight and a sedan skidded to a halt
>> on my right.

><You never told us that you had telekinetic powers. That is just,
><like, sooo cool!

I think he's going for a Bulwer-Lytton award:

http://www.bulwer-lytton.com/

It would have been easier if he'd managed to combine his
screed into one sentence, like this one:

"It came to him in a cocaine rush as he took the Langley
exit that if Aldrich had told Filipov about Hancock only
Tulfengian could have known that the photograph which Wagner
had shown to Maximov on the jolting S-bahn was not the
photograph of Kessler that Bradford had found at the dark,
sinister house in the Schillerstrasse the day that Straub
told Percival that the man on the bridge had not been
Aksakov but Paustovsky, which meant that is was not Kleist
but Kruger that Cherensky had met in the bleak, wintry
Grunewald and that, therefore, only Frau Epp could have
known that Muller had followed Droysen to the steamy,
aromatic cafe in the Beethovenstrasse where he told Buerger
that Todorov had known since the Liebermann affair that
McIntyre had not met Stoltz at the Goerlitzer Bahnhof but
instead had met Sommer at the cavernous Anhalter Bahnhof."
(Winner, Spy Fiction category, 1984)

><Or maybe it's just a matter of frame of reference.

>I saw a Law & Order where they framed a reference.

I think I saw that one... ;-)

--

Bob C.

"Evidence confirming an observation is
- McNameless
From: Otto Bahn on
"Bob Casanova" <nospam(a)buzz.off> wrote

>>> WASHINGTON D.C.
>>> I braked at the stoplight and a sedan skidded to a halt
>>> on my right.
>
>><You never told us that you had telekinetic powers. That is just,
>><like, sooo cool!
>
> I think he's going for a Bulwer-Lytton award:
>
> http://www.bulwer-lytton.com/

It was a dark and stormy night. The dark part is redundant; had
the lonesome moon even been out, it would have been obscured by
the ephemeral clouds. Suddenly, three men entered a cave. One
said, "Otto, tell us a story." The story began...It was a stormy
night, and three men entered a cave. One said, "Cut it out, Otto!"
And he did.

--oTTo--

From: George Hammond on
On Mon, 9 Nov 2009 17:27:45 -0500, "Otto Bahn" <ei(a)eio.com>
wrote:

>"Bob Casanova" <nospam(a)buzz.off> wrote

>>><You never told us that you had telekinetic powers. That is just,
>>><like, sooo cool!
>>
>> I think he's going for a Bulwer-Lytton award:
>>
>> http://www.bulwer-lytton.com/
>
>It was a dark and stormy night. The dark part is redundant; had
>the lonesome moon even been out, it would have been obscured by
>the ephemeral clouds. Suddenly, three men entered a cave. One
>said, "Otto, tell us a story." The story began...It was a stormy
>night, and three men entered a cave. One said, "Cut it out, Otto!"
>And he did.
>
>--oTTo--

[Hammond]
The wind was a torrent of darkness among the gusty trees
The moon was a ghostly galleon tossed upon cloudy seas
The road was a ribbon of moonlight across the purple moor
When Hammond saw the castle wall grey as a piece of slate
He nailed his thesis in peer review form upon the city gate
And a 1000 years to the proof of God marked his final fate
GEORGE HAMMOND'S PROOF OF GOD WEBSITE
Primary site
http://webspace.webring.com/people/eg/george_hammond
Mirror site
http://proof-of-god.freewebsitehosting.com
HAMMOND FOLK SONG by Casey Bennetto
http://interrobang.jwgh.org/songs/hammond.mp3
=======================================
From: George Hammond on
On Mon, 09 Nov 2009 14:57:53 -0700, Bob Casanova
<nospam(a)buzz.off> wrote:

>On Mon, 9 Nov 2009 09:49:49 -0500, the following appeared in
>sci.skeptic, posted by "Otto Bahn" <ei(a)eio.com>:
>
>>"Nicko" <nervous.nick(a)gmail.com> wrote
>
>>> WASHINGTON D.C.
>>> I braked at the stoplight and a sedan skidded to a halt
>>> on my right.
>
>><You never told us that you had telekinetic powers. That is just,
>><like, sooo cool!
>
>I think he's going for a Bulwer-Lytton award:
>
>http://www.bulwer-lytton.com/
>
>It would have been easier if he'd managed to combine his
>screed into one sentence, like this one:
>
>"It came to him in a cocaine rush as he took the Langley
>exit that if Aldrich had told Filipov about Hancock only
>Tulfengian could have known that the photograph which Wagner
>had shown to Maximov on the jolting S-bahn was not the
>photograph of Kessler that Bradford had found at the dark,
>sinister house in the Schillerstrasse the day that Straub
>told Percival that the man on the bridge had not been
>Aksakov but Paustovsky, which meant that is was not Kleist
>but Kruger that Cherensky had met in the bleak, wintry
>Grunewald and that, therefore, only Frau Epp could have
>known that Muller had followed Droysen to the steamy,
>aromatic cafe in the Beethovenstrasse where he told Buerger
>that Todorov had known since the Liebermann affair that
>McIntyre had not met Stoltz at the Goerlitzer Bahnhof but
>instead had met Sommer at the cavernous Anhalter Bahnhof."
>(Winner, Spy Fiction category, 1984)

[Hammond]
There are more interesting answer-bot programs littering the
Internet. That one apparently uses a German dictionary.
Simple minded dimwit!