First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Two programs with same logic
Hi, Two set of codes can be compared by using beyond compare or other equivalent software to determine the areas of differences and the areas of similarities. But, there are scenarios in which the same logic would be used by 2 set of programs/softwares but that the variable names might be different. So, how to d... 27 Dec 2009 08:41
API Design
jacob navia wrote: http://cacm.acm.org/magazines/2009/5/24646-api-design-matters/fulltext Communications of the ACM rarely bring something practical. This is a good exception. It is a good article about API design, and the problems of bad APIs. Agreed. I plan to distribute the link to other... 29 Dec 2009 14:08
Water plant design | Design Build | Water plant construction
Water plant design | Design Build | Water plant construction The idea for H2find is an online exchange where water and wastewater vendors can search for utility contract opportunities around the world. Now that H2bid makes it possible for vendors to find relevant contract opportunities anywhere in the world, vend... 19 Dec 2009 05:09
Programming intro book ch1 and ch2 (Windows/Python 3) - RequestForComments
On 12/19/2009 12:56 PM, Steven D'Aprano wrote: As far as I know, no programming language provides a standard facility for renaming entities, be they data or routines: The C-preprocessor does to C/C++, in a limited fashion. ... 19 Dec 2009 01:58
Programming intro book ch1 and ch2 (Windows/Python 3) - Request For Comments
Steven D'Aprano <steve(a)REMOVE-THIS-cybersource.com.au> writes: CPython 2.5 and on has a keyhole optimizer that replaces many constant ^^^^^^^ Shouldn't that be peephole? expressions with pre-computed values. And that's called constant folding. Unless I misread your post (or... 18 Dec 2009 22:44
Programming intro book ch1 and ch2 (Windows/Python 3) - Request For Comments
> The second deviation is that since most names are constants, Really? Does that mean you don't use literals, to save the time required to convert them to integers? Isn't that done at compile time? So, instead of doing the Collatz Conjecture as while a>1: f = gmpy.scan1(a,0) if f>0: a = a >> f ... 19 Dec 2009 03:02
Solaris 2.6 boot errors
Hi, I often see this message while booting Solaris2.6 running on a ultra 440 Mhz CPU. Run fsck manually (fsck filesystem......). Exit the shell when done to continue the boot process. Type Ctrl-d to proceed with normal startup, (or give root password for system maintenance): The system was shutdown properl... 19 Dec 2009 17:05
recursivity scheme
jot down x and same function,apply ot rerstr of table or list ... 15 Dec 2009 13:21
Java native binding to Agner Fog's random number library
Java native binding to Agner Fog's random number library. Yeh, well I did do that thing, it's here: http://code.google.com/p/lemontree/downloads/list Who is Agner Fog you might ask? Well he is the Pope of x86 assembly language, that is all I need to say. ... 15 Dec 2009 11:08
Vector is to Point as ____ is to Angle?
This is almost an English question, rather than a programming question, because I'm searching for the suitable name of a class. I'm creating some value types for a simulation that I'm working on. In the past, I've used a vector as a representation of a point, but I've realized that they have subtle difference... 18 Dec 2009 11:36
First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last