From: RayLopez99 on
On Jun 11, 3:35 pm, jellybean stonerfish <stonerf...(a)geocities.com>
wrote:
> You can even execute (make run, not make dead) some of your windows
> programs on your dsl system, with the 'wine' package.

Uh, Jellyfish thanks for the tips, but do you realize I'm running
D.S.L. on a Pentium I with very little RAM? Doubt I can use "wine" for
emulation of any sort.

RL

From: RayLopez99 on
On Jun 11, 3:54 pm, Mike Easter <Mi...(a)ster.invalid> wrote:
> RayLopez99 wrote:
> > D.S.L switched my
> > mouse buttons--left is now right.
>
> Riiiggghhht.  DSL took a mind of its own.
>
> There is such a thing as switching a mouse to be left-handed.  In my
> Mint, I do it with a graphical tool in the Control panel under Mouse --
> but I don't know how to do it with a commandline;  and even tho' I have
> a DSL running over yonder, I can't see a tool to flip the mouse
> handedness with it.
>
> If I search the net for a command, I see:
>
> xmodmap -e "pointer = 3 2 1"

OK I'll try this, thanks.

DSL.

> It seems that you are intentionally trying to 'dis' linux by using
> hardware which you don't care enough about to find out what it is or to
> improve its ram condition -- and which forces you into using a tiny
> linux specialty distro which is very limited in its available
> applications and graphical tools.

I am working with what I have Mike. I'm not going to buy a Core Intel
mP and ruin it by installing Linux. Linux for me is a second hand OS
that deserves junk hardware...it's hobbyware.

RL

From: J G Miller on
On Fri, 11 Jun 2010 14:08:52 -0700, RayLopez99 wrote:

> Can't stand it when Linux is shown to be second rate, can you
> (im)Poster?

So why are you installing what you consider to be a second rate system?
From: RayLopez99 on
On Jun 12, 1:09 am, J G Miller <mil...(a)yoyo.ORG> wrote:
> On Fri, 11 Jun 2010 14:08:52 -0700, RayLopez99 wrote:
> > Can't stand it when Linux is shown to be second rate, can you
> > (im)Poster?
>
> So why are you installing what you consider to be a second rate system?

It's for somebody else that's a cheapskate (doesn't upgrade, throw
away anything, and doesn't want to pay for a year subscription to an
antivirus program like all competent Windows users use).

RL
From: RayLopez99 on
On Jun 12, 1:32 am, William Poaster <wp(a)64-bitBSD&Linuxmachines.com>
wrote:
operating system.

> Notice too how the troll still replies to me, even though he's been binned for
> years.

Notice you're an idiot. The rest of us already did.

> --
> FreeBSD 8.0 64-bit
> Kubuntu 10.04 64-bit
> Mandriva 2010 64-bit

Who cares? You ruined some perfectly fine hardware with the virus-
ware called Linux.

RL