From: atec7 7 ""atec77" on
RayLopez99 wrote:
> On Jun 12, 1:09 am, J G Miller <mil...(a)yoyo.ORG> wrote:
>> On Fri, 11 Jun 2010 14:08:52 -0700, RayLopez99 wrote:
>>> Can't stand it when Linux is shown to be second rate, can you
>>> (im)Poster?
>> So why are you installing what you consider to be a second rate system?
>
> It's for somebody else that's a cheapskate (doesn't upgrade, throw
> away anything, and doesn't want to pay for a year subscription to an
> antivirus program like all competent Windows users use).
>
> RL
No one with a clue buys anything to do with winblows
easy to run without rego and the best anti viri programs are free anyway
Personally I run virtual machines on my old xeon multi with good
performance
From: RayLopez99 on
On Jun 30, 5:17 pm, "What's in a Name?" <maxwach...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> I am using Puppy Linux 4.3.1 on a Compaq Armada 1700 laptop. Dual boot
> with w2k. It has a 233 PII,160mb ram,4gb drive(3gb/1gb partitions). I used
> DSL before on it but puppy is much better-you should check it out. There
> are a lot more updated apps available for it than DSL.
> --

OK, thanks for that tip. Why version 4.3.1? Is this version made for
older machines, or can I download the latest Puppy distro?

RL