First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
Need help with Acronis True Image
Anyone know how Acronis True Image works? I imaged my system partition and because of the size (just over 5GB .tib file) I told it to split the image into two files so that they could be burned onto DVD. Acronis did this and verified the backup. I've now had need to use that backup so I booted using the Acroni... 25 Apr 2010 04:23
ASRock Penryn1600sli-110dB CPU Core Voltage Control
I am considering a 2nd hand purchase. The online manual doesn't make this clear, so does anyone know if the above motherboard gives full control over the CPU voltage - down as well as up - I want to experiment with undervolting a core2duo chip for ultimate silence purposes. ... 20 Apr 2010 15:36
ASRock Penryn1600sli-110dB CPU Core Voltage Control
"Paul" <nospam(a)needed.com> wrote in message news:hqig5m$vdv$1(a)news.eternal-september.org... GT wrote: I am considering a 2nd hand purchase. The online manual doesn't make this clear, so does anyone know if the above motherboard gives full control over the CPU voltage - down as well as up - I want to ... 20 Apr 2010 15:36
Coloured text on a monochrome laser printer
I have a Microsoft Word (.doc) document that uses colour-coded text: black, red, blue, green. If I print this document as a black-and-white paperback book via a self-publish POD (print on demand) printer, what will become of the colours? Will they show up as various shades of grey? If so, will the greys be solid ... 18 Apr 2010 09:43
Mouse doesn't come up.
I am resurrecting an old E-Machine with a PS/2 mouse. Frequently a cold boot will miss activating the mouse, and I have to re-boot to get it. Any suggestions? Thanks Duke ... 17 Apr 2010 11:51
Slow Starting Internet
Outlook Express and Internet Explorer take more than a minute to load. Rebooting will cure the condition for a limited time only. Any help or informed suggestions will be most welcome & thanks. ... 18 Apr 2010 11:56
Can reduce your computer course fee!!!
A wonderful idea to bargain for your courses including Computer, Language, Professional and Other courses by yourself. For more details www.shoppingreps.com?SourceId=1120 ... 14 Apr 2010 09:52
Good Format Program for Hard Disk with Some Bad Clusters
Hi, I have a spare 20G HDD I want to use for non-important "stuff". When I formatted it using a Windows 98se floppy boot disk, the format program encountered some bad clusters. Unfortunately, it attempts to "recover" the bad cluster(s) which takes a long time. I prefer the format program to "mark" ... 2 May 2010 13:07
Floppy drive recognized by BIOS, but no access to disks
Floppy drive attached to motherboard: After replacing a blown power supply, everything else on the motherboard seems back to normal, but software (e.g. file browsers, etc.) recognize the drive, but think fully formatted disks are unformatted, and are unable to format because they can't recognize disk geometry. ... 15 Apr 2010 23:39
Ink for Canon printer - Where to buy?
I have a Canon Pixma MP170 and want to buy ink for the black catridge. For the past hour I have been looking online and came up with almost nothing. Does anyone know of a reliable reasonably-priced source of Canon black ink (cartridge is PG-40) or ink of equal quality? Many thanks for the help :-) ... 17 Apr 2010 16:17