First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
My daugther's hard disk become unallocated !
The PC has 2 hard disks. the boot one was created in november with a fresh windows home XP . It replaced the old Hitachi disk which was very slow. The Hitachi was installed as a slave primary to access the data. Last week, my daugther asked me to retrieve her personal contacts which were on the Hitachi. So I had... 4 Apr 2010 14:49
Damaged Hardware!
Does anyone know of a replacement board that is as good as the Intel DX58SO and capable of running in crossfire mode? Mine got damaged around Friday (USB ports shortcircuited by vandals/uninvited guests!) it worked for awhile, and i tried a bios update, but no luck! (kjellerup bibliotek) -- Pnic/Allah-25... 22 Mar 2010 16:47
Low-end video adapter
On 3/20/2010 9:30 PM, Mark WP wrote: Any recommendations for a cheapish video card, preferably passively cooled? Will not be used for for games.. Thank you. I've been happy with this one in an HTPC: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125242 I try not to look at rebates as a factor,... 24 Mar 2010 07:40
Ok, never seen this, looking for help
I have always built my own computers and have built more than I can count. My son ******* up his admin account (I know) so I fixed that, was getting everything working and running a virus scan when I went to bed. The next morning the computer was off and would not restart. The power supply apparently died. I got anoth... 20 Mar 2010 12:02
USB Drive as boot drive
Can anyone tell me why a 32 GB USB drive cannot be made the main boot drive with Windows on it? And if it can be made then why it wont be much faster than hard disk since it has no moving parts. Also isn't this new expensive SSD (Solid State Drive) just that? What's the difference? Why the extra cost? ... 20 Mar 2010 18:49
Linksys WRTP54G-VR
No, I cannot set up the router without installing the drivers. I suppose that they are needed as no other driver off the WinXP CD works. Two years ago, I remember that I had this problem. I was running WinXP64 and called up linksys tech support and they immediately knew to go to the Device Manager and to remove ... 18 Mar 2010 20:04
Shutting computer off
Greetings! Somebody gave me an older computer with a brandless Mobo, which I would like to pass on to somebody who needs one. It works fine under Windows 2000 Professional, except that it doesn't turn off when it should. Even if you push the "On" button when the monitor says: "It is now safe to turn off your c... 18 Mar 2010 14:17
periodic dust cleaning
> with my pcs at home, where they do seem to attact dust - I even have it on my calendar to vacuum them out every 3 months or so (if I leave it longer I can start to hear the cpu fan straining). Even then it tends to be the cpu fan which get clogged up first - although when I'm vacuuming out the case I norm... 18 Mar 2010 07:01
Dell power jack refuses to budge
Hi all, I was trying to replace a power jack on an inspiron 1501 laptop. An operation I have avoided for some time due to the possible outcome being the catastrophic destruction of the motherboard or components thereof. I removed the motherboard , but could not melt the solder sufficiently to release the pow... 17 Mar 2010 12:27
McAfee Virtual Technician
McAfee installed on a Pentium IV running Windows XP. MVT will not start and gives the following message : MVT cannot continue until you have rebooted your PC to finish your McAfee Virtual Technician product upgrade. MVT will resume after you reboot your system. McAfee technical support simply states that... 15 Mar 2010 19:26