From: JF Mezei on
Jolly Roger wrote:

> You mean MacBook Pro. The Mac Pro is a large tower computer with no
> removable battery.

Actually, the Mac Pro does have a removeable battery. A pill sized
CR2032 (I think) for the clock and NVRAM :-) :-)
From: Wes Groleau on
On 08-02-2010 16:52, Kurt Ullman wrote:
> The battery on my wife's MBP is completely dead. 0% charge and 0mAh.
> She uses it as a desktop. There is no leaking and no obvious bulging.
> This is one of the earlier MBPs so I am not sure I want to spend the
> money on the fourth battery since I got it. Any particular reason I
> shouldn't just leave it alone unless the battery starts to bulge?

If you plug it in with the battery removed, will it run?

If so, throw away the battery and the answer no longer matters.

--
Wes Groleau

Do people learn languages by studying grammar? Of course.
http://Ideas.Lang-Learn.us/barrett?itemid=996
From: Kurt Ullman on
In article <i37dq9$o28$1(a)news.eternal-september.org>,
Wes Groleau <Groleau+news(a)FreeShell.org> wrote:

> On 08-02-2010 16:52, Kurt Ullman wrote:
> > The battery on my wife's MBP is completely dead. 0% charge and 0mAh.
> > She uses it as a desktop. There is no leaking and no obvious bulging.
> > This is one of the earlier MBPs so I am not sure I want to spend the
> > money on the fourth battery since I got it. Any particular reason I
> > shouldn't just leave it alone unless the battery starts to bulge?
>
> If you plug it in with the battery removed, will it run?
>
> If so, throw away the battery and the answer no longer matters.

My concern is that then there is a hole in back. When I take the
battery out, there is also some stuff hanging out. Don't know if
anything nasty can get in through the hole.

and name it after the IRS.
Robert Bakker, paleontologist
From: Wes Groleau on
On 08-02-2010 17:50, Kurt Ullman wrote:
> Wes Groleau<Groleau+news(a)FreeShell.org> wrote:
>> If so, throw away the battery and the answer no longer matters.
>
> My concern is that then there is a hole in back. When I take the
> battery out, there is also some stuff hanging out. Don't know if
> anything nasty can get in through the hole.

Ah, yes. I suppose dust and such could be a problem. But there
shouldn't be "stuff hanging out."

--
Wes Groleau

After the christening of his baby brother in church, Jason sobbed
all the way home in the back seat of the car. His father asked him
three times what was wrong. Finally, the boy replied, "That preacher
said he wanted us brought up in a Christian home, and I wanted to
stay with you guys."
From: George Kerby on

On 8/2/10 3:26 PM, in article
jollyroger-E2A096.15261902082010(a)news.individual.net, "Jolly Roger"
<jollyroger(a)pobox.com> wrote:

> In article
> <9b323998-ae89-4d08-a6f1-6da5767aa6f6(a)f6g2000pro.googlegroups.com>,
> The Translucent Amoebae <transamoebae(a)seanet.com> wrote:
>
>> Curiously; i noticed that a year or so ago, when the battery was about
>> to fail, it would warn me,
>> But now it just suddenly quits!
>
> That is one of the signs that the battery is near the very end of its
> life span, as you have already been told by others here. The fact that
> the battery is bulging shows the battery is degrading and will fail
> soon, possibly in a violent manner, possibly causing a fire. Continue to
> use it at your own risk. You have been warned.

The microbe mind does not function normally, but you already know that...