From: Karl E. Peterson on
Jim Mack presented the following explanation :
> Karl E. Peterson wrote:
>> GS explained :
>>> I'm using the following code, not a control:
>>>
>>> Label1.Caption = App.Path
>>
>> You gotta be kidding? What version of VB? What OS?
>
> I have a vague recollection that if VB is started from a shortcut
> using SFNs, that this will be one result. But it must be a pretty old
> recollection.

Oh, like, ~wow~ man... I remember something like that, too...

--
..NET: It's About Trust!
http://vfred.mvps.org

From: Karl E. Peterson on
GS submitted this idea :
>>> I'm using the following code, not a control:
>>>
>>> Label1.Caption = App.Path
>>
>> You gotta be kidding? What version of VB? What OS?
>
> Karl, I don't get it either. My dev machine (XP Pro SP3) returns full text.
> My test machines (XP Pro SP2, Win7 64bit) return the truncated version.
> What's strange is that it only occurs in the labels on my splash and about
> dialogs. It shows full text everywhere else.
>
> I'm using VB6 SP6

That is /really/ weird. How are the apps being started? (It's only
happening in the compiled apps?) Could it be as simple as Jim
suggests?

--
..NET: It's About Trust!
http://vfred.mvps.org

From: GS on
It's happening with distributed files on machines other than the dev machine.
It doesn't matter whether I run it from a desktop shortcut or open the file
via Windows Explorer. Anyway, I got lots of ways to resolve the issue thanks
to many who responded.

Kind regards,
Garry

BTW placing a check in the Notify me of replies checkbox hasn't ever worked.
I've had to check daily for any replies! Maybe someone at MSDG can look into
that..?<g>
From: Bob Butler on

"GS" <GS(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> It's happening with distributed files on machines other than the dev
> machine.
> It doesn't matter whether I run it from a desktop shortcut or open the
> file
> via Windows Explorer. Anyway, I got lots of ways to resolve the issue
> thanks
> to many who responded.
>
> Kind regards,
> Garry
>
> BTW placing a check in the Notify me of replies checkbox hasn't ever
> worked.
> I've had to check daily for any replies! Maybe someone at MSDG can look
> into
> that..?<g>

Probably because most of the replies are from people using actual
newsreaders and not the lame MS web-based interface.

From: GS on
Then I must be the only one still using the lame MS web-based interface!<g>