From: Tom Shelton on
On 2010-02-05, Karl E Peterson <karl(a)exmvps.org> wrote:
> Tom Shelton wrote:
>>>
>>> Depends what client you're using. Outlook Express (OE) is sort of the
>>> fallback standard, if it's available. Last supported version came with
>>> XP. Vista had WinMail, which (so I'm told) sucked far worse than OE.
>>> And Win7 doesn't even offer that by default. I use MesNews in Win7,
>>> myself, which is free and very portable as it's written with Delphi.
>>> There are many others, as well, and the discussion can get very
>>> religious (almost like programming languages) if it gets going. So,
>>> pick yer poison, then connect to the server (msnews.microsoft.com) and
>>> subscribe to this group.
>>>

>> slrn + console mode vim + powershell.... Now that's a newsreader.
>
> Evangelist! ;-P

How can you argue with this:

http://www.tom-shelton.net/files/slrn.png

:)

--
Tom Shelton
From: Schmidt on

"Tom Shelton" <tom_shelton(a)comcastXXXXXXX.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

> > Evangelist! ;-P
> >

> How can you argue with this:
>
> http://www.tom-shelton.net/files/slrn.png

Hehe, real men use telnet for that...
www.datenhaus.de/Downloads/telnet-nntp.png
<g>

Olaf

From: Tom Shelton on
On 2010-02-05, Schmidt <sss(a)online.de> wrote:

> "Tom Shelton" <tom_shelton(a)comcastXXXXXXX.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>
>> > Evangelist! ;-P
>> >

>> How can you argue with this:
>>
>> http://www.tom-shelton.net/files/slrn.png
>
> Hehe, real men use telnet for that...
> www.datenhaus.de/Downloads/telnet-nntp.png

LOL... classic!

--
Tom Shelton
From: Nobody on
> Thanks Karl and Bob. This reply is from the news group I just added to OE.
> Wow! -nice way to work this...
>
> Thanks so much!
> Garry

You need to edit your email to avoid SPAM. It doesn't matter if it's correct
or not.

From: GS on
Nobody expressed precisely :
>> Thanks Karl and Bob. This reply is from the news group I just added to OE.
>> Wow! -nice way to work this...
>>
>> Thanks so much!
>> Garry
>
> You need to edit your email to avoid SPAM. It doesn't matter if it's correct
> or not.

Thanks! Can you elaborate...?