From: Mike Williams on
"GS" <GS(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> BTW placing a check in the Notify me of replies checkbox hasn't
> ever worked. I've had to check daily for any replies! Maybe
> someone at MSDG can look into that..?<g>

Not sure whether that really was meant as a joke or not, and I don't know
how most people feel about this, but personally I take a dim view of posters
who cannot even be bothered to look through the group regularly to check for
reponses to their questions. My opinion is that if people are prepared to
spend time preparing and posting answers then the very least the OP can do
is spend some time looking for it.

Mike

From: Karl E. Peterson on
GS wrote:
> Then I must be the only one still using the lame MS web-based interface!<g>

In this group, perhaps. <g>

--
..NET: It's About Trust!
http://vfred.mvps.org

From: Karl E. Peterson on
Mike Williams wrote:
> "GS" <GS(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>
>> BTW placing a check in the Notify me of replies checkbox hasn't
>> ever worked. I've had to check daily for any replies! Maybe
>> someone at MSDG can look into that..?<g>
>
> Not sure whether that really was meant as a joke or not,

It's a very bad joke indeed, but not by the OP. You can thank
Microsoft for this one.

> and I don't know how
> most people feel about this, but personally I take a dim view of posters who
> cannot even be bothered to look through the group regularly to check for
> reponses to their questions. My opinion is that if people are prepared to
> spend time preparing and posting answers then the very least the OP can do is
> spend some time looking for it.

Agreed. It again shows that MSFT has *no clue* about community.

--
..NET: It's About Trust!
http://vfred.mvps.org

From: GS on
Hi Mike,

It was not intended as a joke, but more to draw attention to the fact that
the notification service wasn't working. I never rely on it anymore and so I
can only look for replies when I get a chance. I dutifully check often when
I'm the OP, and as often as I can when I'm replying to other OPs.

So the comment was meant more as an apology to you all for not replying in a
more timely fashion.

Kind regards,
Garry

From: GS on
How can I get the NNTP for this newsgroup?