From: Karl E. Peterson on
GS wrote:
> How can I get the NNTP for this newsgroup?

Depends what client you're using. Outlook Express (OE) is sort of the
fallback standard, if it's available. Last supported version came with
XP. Vista had WinMail, which (so I'm told) sucked far worse than OE.
And Win7 doesn't even offer that by default. I use MesNews in Win7,
myself, which is free and very portable as it's written with Delphi.
There are many others, as well, and the discussion can get very
religious (almost like programming languages) if it gets going. So,
pick yer poison, then connect to the server (msnews.microsoft.com) and
subscribe to this group.

--
..NET: It's About Trust!
http://vfred.mvps.org

From: Bob Butler on

"GS" <GS(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How can I get the NNTP for this newsgroup?

news.microsoft.com carries it; various ISPs do as well

From: GS on
Thanks Karl and Bob. This reply is from the news group I just added to OE.
Wow! -nice way to work this...

Thanks so much!
Garry

From: C. Kevin Provance on
| Vista had WinMail, which (so I'm told) sucked far worse than OE.

It does, it's a mess.

| I use MesNews in Win7, myself, which is free and very portable as it's
written with Delphi.

Concur. I don't use it regularly yet as I'm still figuring it out, but it's
looking to be my perm replacement when I finally retire XP.

From: Tom Shelton on
On 2010-02-04, Karl E Peterson <karl(a)exmvps.org> wrote:
> GS wrote:
>> How can I get the NNTP for this newsgroup?
>
> Depends what client you're using. Outlook Express (OE) is sort of the
> fallback standard, if it's available. Last supported version came with
> XP. Vista had WinMail, which (so I'm told) sucked far worse than OE.
> And Win7 doesn't even offer that by default. I use MesNews in Win7,
> myself, which is free and very portable as it's written with Delphi.
> There are many others, as well, and the discussion can get very
> religious (almost like programming languages) if it gets going. So,
> pick yer poison, then connect to the server (msnews.microsoft.com) and
> subscribe to this group.

slrn + console mode vim + powershell.... Now that's a newsreader.

--
Tom Shelton