From: Karl E. Peterson on
GS wrote:
> What do you think of using Mozilla Thunderbird as a replacement for OE?

I know a lot of folks who like it. I never acquired the taste, myself.
But it's a Coke versus Pepsi thing at that level. (I loved pissing
off the Pepsi Challenge girls 30 years ago, by always picking Coke!
But I digress. <g>)

--
..NET: It's About Trust!
http://vfred.mvps.org

From: Karl E. Peterson on
Tom Shelton wrote:
> On 2010-02-05, Karl E Peterson <karl(a)exmvps.org> wrote:
>> Tom Shelton wrote:

>>> slrn + console mode vim + powershell.... Now that's a newsreader.
>>
>> Evangelist! ;-P
>>

> How can you argue with this:
>
> http://www.tom-shelton.net/files/slrn.png
>
> :)

LOL! OMG, I haven't seen something like that in ages! Nothing wrong
with a little nostalgia every now and then. :-)

--
..NET: It's About Trust!
http://vfred.mvps.org

From: Karl E. Peterson on
Schmidt wrote:
> "Tom Shelton" <tom_shelton(a)comcastXXXXXXX.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>
>>> Evangelist! ;-P
>>>

>> How can you argue with this:
>>
>> http://www.tom-shelton.net/files/slrn.png
>
> Hehe, real men use telnet for that...
> www.datenhaus.de/Downloads/telnet-nntp.png
> <g>

Show-off! <bg>

--
..NET: It's About Trust!
http://vfred.mvps.org

From: Tom Shelton on
On 2010-02-05, Karl E Peterson <karl(a)exmvps.org> wrote:
> Tom Shelton wrote:

>>> Evangelist! ;-P
>>>

>> How can you argue with this:
>>
>> http://www.tom-shelton.net/files/slrn.png
>>
>> :)
>
> LOL! OMG, I haven't seen something like that in ages! Nothing wrong
> with a little nostalgia every now and then. :-)

You laugh - but, it's all I use for my nntp access :) Have for years - on
both linux and windows.

--
Tom Shelton
From: Schmidt on

"Karl E. Peterson" <karl(a)exmvps.org> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Schmidt wrote:
> > "Tom Shelton" <tom_shelton(a)comcastXXXXXXX.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

> >> How can you argue with this:
> >>
> >> http://www.tom-shelton.net/files/slrn.png
> >
> > Hehe, real men use telnet for that...
> > www.datenhaus.de/Downloads/telnet-nntp.png
> > <g>
>
> Show-off! <bg>

:-)

You may have a point here, but in this case I actually
had to *google* the correct NNTP-commands
beforehand, to come up with that screen... SCNR
<g>

Olaf