From: PA Bear on
Long history of this specific error (Line: 1344): http://snurl.com/25r9
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security

From: Steve Cochran on
Hi Thomas,

Seems your post helped fix the problem.

I was running a parallel discussion with him in email suggesting various
things and also KB articles and nothing worked. Then he pointed me to this
thread he'd started.

The registry keys were applicable to stuff going on in ole32.dll, as you can
see reading through them.

I suggested he just go to Start | Run and type

regsvr32 ole32.dll

And he's reported to me in email that that fixed it.

He also said I should be an MVP. <VBG>

cheers,

steve

From: Steve Cochran on
Try going to Start | Run and type

regsvr32 ole32.dll

See if that fixes it. It seems to have for him.

steve

From: benedict1 on
Here's the answer folks! Courtesy of Steve Cochrane, MS MVP--

Try going to Start | Run and type

regsvr32 ole32.dll

See if that makes any difference.

In OE make sure under Tools | Options | Maintenance that there is no option
checked at the bottom for troubleshooting.

Thank you Steve! I hope the hundreds of others bedeviled by this thing find
this fix!

--
Thank you for your help,

benedict1

From: Steve Cochran on
I assume it was the first suggestion that worked and the second did not apply.

Can you verify that the first suggestion was what fixed it?

cheers,

steve