From: Nobody on
"TMC" <getmyemails(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hey All,
>
> I was wondering if there anyone knows where a good set of standard icons
> can be obtained?
>
> For example, consider the classic Office XP icons. Is there a company,
> website, etc. where these can be obtained?

Please exclude microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion from future postings.
It's for classic VB only, VB6 or lower, not .Net.

Thank you

From: Henning on
Naah, but Scott seeing that is his "normal" behavior, at least in this
group. For the groups sake, don't try to convince him that he is taking any
sort of wrong action.

/Henning

From: Dave O. on

"Nobody" <nobody(a)nobody.com> wrote in message
> "TMC" <getmyemails(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Hey All,
>>
>> I was wondering if there anyone knows where a good set of standard icons
>> can be obtained?
>>
>> For example, consider the classic Office XP icons. Is there a company,
>> website, etc. where these can be obtained?
>
> Please exclude microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion from future
> postings. It's for classic VB only, VB6 or lower, not .Net.
>
> Thank you

Now I'd be the last person to defend anything to do with .NET, but a
question about icons is hardly platform specific and I note the only other
question form this user was a VB6 one. Perhaps he should exclude the dotnet
newsgroup from his future postings.

Dave O.

From: Al Reid on
I'm not sure I see a problem considering that the OP cross-posted to the
microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb group.

--
Al Reid

From: mayayana on
The Kombine Group has some icons that are free
to use commercially:
http://www.kombine.net/free

There are also some here:
http://www.pinvoke.com/

They're in png format, but that can be easily
converted. The license there is a choice between
providing an advertising link back to the source
or buying a license. (I'm not clear about the
exact details. The author links to a generic license
agreement that specifies you need to provide
attribution in accordance with the author's
specification. Yet the author seems to provide
no specification other than the vague term "link
back". Presumably a "thank you" and link in the
About window is what's expected.)

Here's another link with a similar license:

http://www.famfamfam.com/lab/icons/silk/

If I remember correctly, "Nobody" deserves the credit
for providing the above links in the first place.

I also have some icons I got from "iconstore",
but when I try to find the original source I find
there are lots of places called "iconstore" or "icon
store", and I neglected to save a link.

Also note:
You may already know this, and it doesn't really
matter with icons, but you've cross-posted to both
the VB and the VB.Net group. VB (VB5/6) and VB.Net
are two entirely different things. In general, questions
belong in one group or the other, not both.

> I was wondering if there anyone knows where a good set of standard icons
can
> be obtained?
>
> For example, consider the classic Office XP icons. Is there a company,
> website, etc. where these can be obtained?
>
> Thanks

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Prev: The JumpLists for VB.NET?