From: Nobody on
"mayayana" <mayaXXyana(a)rcXXn.com> wrote in message
> If I remember correctly, "Nobody" deserves the credit
> for providing the above links in the first place.

Must be one of my clones. I can always use more clones :-)

I have personally used some of the free icons at the very end of this page:

http://www.small-icons.com/index.htm

Obviously they make some of them free, so if you later need more, anything
else free you find has mostly classic look, so you find yourself having to
buy from them to make your icons look consistent.

From: Nobody on
"Dave O." <nobody(a)nowhere.com> wrote in message
> Now I'd be the last person to defend anything to do with .NET, but a
> question about icons is hardly platform specific and I note the only other
> question form this user was a VB6 one. Perhaps he should exclude the
> dotnet newsgroup from his future postings.

There are some icons that come with the language, and the location is
different. There is a REDIST.TXT that mentions what icons are allowed to be
used. In VB6 case, it includes all files under:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\Common\Graphics

In VB.Net case, it seems the Express version doesn't include icon library. I
have VB 2008 installed, and can't find the folder that Scott M. mentioned,
nor VS2008ImageLibrary.zip which is mentioned in REDIST.TXT file. If one has
MSDN subscription, they can download and install VB6, but the icons have
Windows 9x look, not XP look.

From: Henning on
Exactly, was it disturbing that my reply to Norm in/from the
microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb group "spilled over" to the .nxt group?

/Henning

From: Al Reid on
Nah, but criticizing someone for providing a .NET answer to a question that
was posted to a .NET group is somewhat disturbing.

From: Herfried K. Wagner [MVP] on
Norm Cook schrieb:
> Strange, I don't have that folder on my machine.
> Did the poster say he was using Nxt?

The image library is not included in every version of VS. In addition,
make sure it's selected in setup when installing VS.

--
M S Herfried K. Wagner
M V P <URL:http://dotnet.mvps.org/>