From: mayayana on

> Heh, I'm cloned ... from nobody!
> <g>

Were those your links? Sorry. I downloaded
the icons and knew that someone had posted the
links in the newsgroup, but wasn't sure who.
(Maybe I was thinking of Nobody because he
posts about 75% of all links. :)

From: Schmidt on

From: Schmidt on

"Schmidt" <sss(a)online.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

Sorry, hit the Enter-Key too soon...

> Were those your links?

Don't know if someone has posted that already
earlier (or later), but here's the thread, where I've
posted these Icon-links in a reply to you...

http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion/browse_frm/thread/7c6b2a4969345c55/

> (Maybe I was thinking of Nobody because he
> posts about 75% of all links. :)
Yep - as already said by Eduardo some time ago,
"he's a library"... :-)

Olaf

From: Henning on

"Schmidt" <sss(a)online.de> skrev i meddelandet

> "Schmidt" <sss(a)online.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>
> Sorry, hit the Enter-Key too soon...
>
>> Were those your links?
>
> Don't know if someone has posted that already
> earlier (or later), but here's the thread, where I've
> posted these Icon-links in a reply to you...
>

> http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion/browse_frm/thread/7c6b2a4969345c55/
>
>> (Maybe I was thinking of Nobody because he
>> posts about 75% of all links. :)
> Yep - as already said by Eduardo some time ago,
> "he's a library"... :-)
>

> Olaf

Agree to that! He also has a good insight in what goes on behind the scenes.

/Henning

From: TMC on
I posted to both groups for a number of reasons:

-- First, as one of the other replies mentioned, icons are NOT specific to
any platform
-- Two, while someone building something in .Net may also have familiarity
with an icon resource of "classic" images, someone who has been around
longer (i.e. since the VB6 days) may have more experience
-- Considering that Office 2007, for example, still has VBA which is, in
essence, VB6, it also made sense to post to both groups as one can still
build something for Office using VB6, VBA or .Net

The question was generic in nature and was NOT VB6 specific. It was icon
specific and these files can be used across both environments. Therefore,
it made sense to include as broad a user group as possible.

I thank you all for some good leads and for pointing me in a couple of good
directions.

"Dave O." <nobody(a)nowhere.com> wrote in message

> "Nobody" <nobody(a)nobody.com> wrote in message
>> "TMC" <getmyemails(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>> Hey All,
>>>
>>> I was wondering if there anyone knows where a good set of standard icons
>>> can be obtained?
>>>
>>> For example, consider the classic Office XP icons. Is there a company,
>>> website, etc. where these can be obtained?
>>
>> Please exclude microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion from future
>> postings. It's for classic VB only, VB6 or lower, not .Net.
>>
>> Thank you
>
> Now I'd be the last person to defend anything to do with .NET, but a
> question about icons is hardly platform specific and I note the only other
> question form this user was a VB6 one. Perhaps he should exclude the
> dotnet newsgroup from his future postings.
>
> Dave O.

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Prev: The JumpLists for VB.NET?