From: TMC on
Hey All,

I was wondering if there anyone knows where a good set of standard icons can
be obtained?

For example, consider the classic Office XP icons. Is there a company,
website, etc. where these can be obtained?

Thanks

From: Scott M. on
Visual Studio includes a wide variety of such icons as part of its
installation at:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\VS2008ImageLibrary\1033

You just need to unzip the file you find there.

-Scott

From: argusy on
TMC wrote:
> Hey All,
>
> I was wondering if there anyone knows where a good set of standard icons
> can be obtained?
>
> For example, consider the classic Office XP icons. Is there a company,
> website, etc. where these can be obtained?
>
> Thanks

Don't know if this post has anything to do with visual basic, but use an icon
editor to open 'moricons.dll' in the \windows\system32\ directory.
There's an icon or three in it, and they go back to windows 95, so they're as
"standard" as you can get.
There was another .dll that had a stack of icons in it, too, but I just can't
remember what it was called.
It's cheating a bit, but a lot of programs have their icon buried in it, so use
snico.exe or similar to open the .exe files you want an icon for, and extract it.
I don't know if you're _not_ allowed to, but if Microsoft buries icons in
programs, I can't see why you can't extract them.

One thing I will point out - those icons you want represent the software of
microsoft, which was (and probably still is) the most aggressive company in the
world about its trademarks being used without permission

Be careful how you use them.
From: Norm Cook on
Strange, I don't have that folder on my machine.
Did the poster say he was using Nxt?

From: Captain Jack on
"TMC" <getmyemails(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hey All,
>
> I was wondering if there anyone knows where a good set of standard icons
> can be obtained?
>
> For example, consider the classic Office XP icons. Is there a company,
> website, etc. where these can be obtained?
>
> Thanks

I get a lot of icons at www.iconarchive.com. Most of the ones I use with my
VB apps are in PNG format, which work really well.

--
Jack