From: Tony Toews [MVP] on
"FM" <spam(a)uce.gov> wrote:

>Ive been following this newsgroup for over 10 years and without it and its
>archives and the generous help daily offered to people here I almost
>certainly would have given up programming a long time ago and would be lost
>if you guys were scattered all over the place. Theres a lot of clever
>knowledgeable people who frequent this newsgroup who often come up with some
>genius things.

Agreed.

>This is time for all you good folks to work together and come
>up with a mass migration plan to a better place and quickly by the sound of
>it. If a suitable alternative that works for everyone can be found this
>could be a blessing in disguise to become less dependent on Microsoft as
>clearly they dont want anything to do with it. If it can be clearly defined
>as VB4/5/6/Classic it might also see the end of the vbnet trolling that has
>been a problem here for a long time now.

Hmm, maybe someone can setup a peering newsgroup server just for the
microsoft.public.vb* hierarchy. Dunno who you could peer with so as
to ensure you don't have to pay $$$ though.

Tony
--
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
From: Tony Toews [MVP] on
Karl E. Peterson <karl(a)exmvps.org> wrote:

>> Oh yes, and The Reg called him a "Serial commentard" hehehe
>
>LOL!!! #1 hit on that description says it all. And I thought *we* had
>some douchy behavior in here. That's hillarious. :-)

The Brits do a good job with their English.

I had a business trip to Germany in the mid 80s and I was starved for
news so I picked up some British newspapers. I was flabbergasted at
the many and varied humourously rude comments they made about the
politicians.

Tony
--
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
From: Bob O`Bob on
MikeD wrote:

> So as I understand it, MS is dropping NNTP completely. Not just THIS
> newsgroup, but ALL of them.
>
> Can anybody honestly say they DIDN'T see this coming? It was just a
> question of when.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I posted ~10 years ago on DevX
.... which has been gone most of that time already.

Bob
From: Bob O`Bob on
Henning wrote:
> "Larry Serflaten" <serflaten(a)usinternet.com> skrev i meddelandet
>> "Henning" <computer_hero(a)coldmail.com> wrote
>>> Seems one has to download/install some new bloatware...
>> ...And accept HTML posts. So much for the text-only crowd,
>> they really want to push people into HTML. I wonder why???
>>
>> <g>
>> LFS
>>

> Clouding...
>
> /Henning