From: GS on
It happens that MM formulated :
> On Thu, 06 May 2010 15:52:43 -0400, GS <GS(a)discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote:
>
>>> I wish they would; I hate that they've locked it away. I just totally
>>> disagree that they should be in any way forced to release it.
>>
>> Agreed! Maybe someone with some clout can persuade them that it would
>> be good public relations and goodwill to step up. Maybe the folks at
>> PowerBasic would be interested in having that compiler so their product
>> could import/convert VB projects. (Just an idea!<bg>)
>
> Or Borland could be revived so that we'd once again have Turbo Basic!
>
> MM

I've heard of Turbo Basic but know nothing about it. I've been looking
at PowerBasic a bit, though, and it might be interesting seeing where
they take that product. It gained more interest when I learned that
Olaf compiled his RichClient Toolset in PB.

From: Michael on
Kerio v2.1 - very simple and effective

From: Schmidt on

"GS" <GS(a)discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

> I've heard of Turbo Basic but know nothing about it.
> I've been looking at PowerBasic a bit, though, and it
> might be interesting seeing where they take that product.
> It gained more interest when I learned that
> Olaf compiled his RichClient Toolset in PB.
Nah, careful here - although PowerBasic, as well as the
pretty similar FreeBasic are powerful compilers, only
the small DirectCOM.dll was compiled with PowerBasic
(since I needed the languages ability, to call Functions
directly over their ProcAddress, which in VB6 is not
possible without the CallWindowProc-Hack, and
"my C" was not that good at that point in time).

Maybe a short overview again, also for others:
DirectCOM.dll (PowerBasic-compiled StdCall-Dll)
dhRichClient3.dll (VB6-compiled ActiveX-Dll)
sqlite36_engine.dll (C-compiled StdCall-Dll)

And the two new additions in the toolset:
dhCairo.dll (VB6-compiled ActiveX-Dll)
cairo2_engine.dll (C-compiled StdCall-Dll)

Olaf

From: GS on
on 5/7/2010, Schmidt supposed :
> "GS" <GS(a)discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>
>> I've heard of Turbo Basic but know nothing about it.
>> I've been looking at PowerBasic a bit, though, and it
>> might be interesting seeing where they take that product.
>> It gained more interest when I learned that
>> Olaf compiled his RichClient Toolset in PB.
> Nah, careful here - although PowerBasic, as well as the
> pretty similar FreeBasic are powerful compilers, only
> the small DirectCOM.dll was compiled with PowerBasic
> (since I needed the languages ability, to call Functions
> directly over their ProcAddress, which in VB6 is not
> possible without the CallWindowProc-Hack, and
> "my C" was not that good at that point in time).
>
> Maybe a short overview again, also for others:
> DirectCOM.dll (PowerBasic-compiled StdCall-Dll)
> dhRichClient3.dll (VB6-compiled ActiveX-Dll)
> sqlite36_engine.dll (C-compiled StdCall-Dll)
>
> And the two new additions in the toolset:
> dhCairo.dll (VB6-compiled ActiveX-Dll)
> cairo2_engine.dll (C-compiled StdCall-Dll)
>
> Olaf

Thanks for clarifying! I was just quoting something I read on
thecommon.net; -sorry if I spoke out of place!

Garry

From: Dee Earley on
On 06/05/2010 12:25, Phill W. wrote:
> And, just to add insult to injury, once we're all Happy, Shiny People on
> their Fora, we'll be exposed to all the web-based "nastiness" that's out
> there. Every other week we get more and more security fixes for our
> browsers but just how the H*** /do/ you catch a virus or get otherwise
> "hacked" via Usenet??? (OK; ignore the alt.binaries hierarchy for a
> minute).

Client bugs ans stupidity, exactly the same as web browsers, they are
just much more rare :)

--
Dee Earley (dee.earley(a)icode.co.uk)
i-Catcher Development Team

iCode Systems

Please reply to the group.)
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40
Prev: Localized Date
Next: Check if String has a number