From: Bob O`Bob on
Larry Serflaten wrote:
> "MM" <kylix_is(a)yahoo.co.uk> wrote
>
>> Why don't we all just agree to switch over to
>> comp.lang.basic.visual.misc on a certain date to be announced? You'd
>> need a switchover date, and repeated reminders in here beforehand, so
>> that people got the message. I suggest a switchover date of 1st June
>> 2010.

Why wait?

Bob
From: MM on
On Sat, 08 May 2010 19:42:13 -0700, Bob O`Bob
<filterbob(a)yahoogroups.com> wrote:

>Larry Serflaten wrote:
>> "MM" <kylix_is(a)yahoo.co.uk> wrote
>>
>>> Why don't we all just agree to switch over to
>>> comp.lang.basic.visual.misc on a certain date to be announced? You'd
>>> need a switchover date, and repeated reminders in here beforehand, so
>>> that people got the message. I suggest a switchover date of 1st June
>>> 2010.
>

>Why wait?

It would allow time for people to gather their thoughts. When you
decide to throw a party, you don't just throw it there and then, you
send out invites, buy lemonade, get in some food and so on. People
need to be mentally *prepared* for such a change!

MM
From: Mike Williams on
"MM" <kylix_is(a)yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message

> It would allow time for people to gather their thoughts. When
> you decide to throw a party, you don't just throw it there and
> then, you send out invites, buy lemonade, . . .

Lemonade! Yikes!

Mike

From: C. Kevin Provance on

:
: > It would allow time for people to gather their thoughts. When
: > you decide to throw a party, you don't just throw it there and
: > then, you send out invites, buy lemonade, . . .
:
: Lemonade! Yikes!

Earl Grey will be available for our British brethren. <g>
From: Karl E. Peterson on
MM wrote:
> Karl E. Peterson <karl(a)exmvps.org> wrote:
>> Henning wrote:
>>> "Karl E. Peterson" <karl(a)exmvps.org> skrev i meddelandet

>>> Yepp, but this is what is the bait for me: 2509 Days Text Newsgroup
>>> Retention
>>
>> On which server? At e-s, I show 6043 posts going back to 11/24/09 in
>> this group.
>
> Don't forget NewsgroupDirect with around 160,000 posts going back to
> 2005!

There's an entrance fee there, though, right?

--
..NET: It's About Trust!
http://vfred.mvps.org

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40
Prev: Localized Date
Next: Check if String has a number