From: Karl E. Peterson on
GS wrote:
> Karl E. Peterson wrote on 5/10/2010 :
>> I have Miranda IM setup here now. Not quite as "foofy" as WM, but seems to
>> do the job pretty well.
>
> I have Skype going on one machine for conversing with people using Macs. Is
> Miranda cross-platform?

No idea.

>> Get yourself an account on a free server, now, so you're ready. There are
>> several mentioned in this thread (eg, www.aioe.org and
>> www.eternal-september.org), and find the comp.lang.basic.visual.misc group.
>> Even if Microsoft pulls off the impossible and manages to convince mirrors
>> to delete the groups as well, that is a safe landing zone.
>
> I asked about this in another post where you replied to me. I'll follow your
> lead if you provide me with the details of where/what/how you're connecting
> to the comp.lang.basic.visual.misc group. I suppose I could go investigating
> several servers but I'm sure what's good for you will also be just as good
> for me (assuming you'd recommend the one you're using).<bg>

I signed up for an account at E-S. I really didn't like the posting
restrictions at aioe (25/day/IPaddr!). You do have to wait a few hours
for passwords to be put into effect, but it works pretty darned well
after that.

--
..NET: It's About Trust!
http://vfred.mvps.org

From: Henning on

"Karl E. Peterson" <karl(a)exmvps.org> skrev i meddelandet
> GS wrote:
>> Karl E. Peterson was thinking very hard :

>>> Agreed. I'm there. :-)
>>
>> Exactly where is that and what do I need to connect?
>
> It's on usenet. You need a newsserver. <g>
>
> Look at www.eternal-september.org or www.aioe.org for a couple of free
> options.
>
> --
> .NET: It's About Trust!
> http://vfred.mvps.org

Make that a need for a newsreader ;)

/Henning

From: GS on
Karl E. Peterson explained on 5/10/2010 :
> GS wrote:
>> Karl E. Peterson wrote on 5/10/2010 :
>>> I have Miranda IM setup here now. Not quite as "foofy" as WM, but seems
>>> to do the job pretty well.
>>
>> I have Skype going on one machine for conversing with people using Macs. Is
>> Miranda cross-platform?
>
> No idea.
>
>>> Get yourself an account on a free server, now, so you're ready. There are
>>> several mentioned in this thread (eg, www.aioe.org and
>>> www.eternal-september.org), and find the comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
>>> group. Even if Microsoft pulls off the impossible and manages to convince
>>> mirrors to delete the groups as well, that is a safe landing zone.
>>
>> I asked about this in another post where you replied to me. I'll follow
>> your lead if you provide me with the details of where/what/how you're
>> connecting to the comp.lang.basic.visual.misc group. I suppose I could go
>> investigating several servers but I'm sure what's good for you will also be
>> just as good for me (assuming you'd recommend the one you're using).<bg>
>
> I signed up for an account at E-S. I really didn't like the posting
> restrictions at aioe (25/day/IPaddr!). You do have to wait a few hours for
> passwords to be put into effect, but it works pretty darned well after that.

Ok, I'm there as GEFS because they wouldn't accept my GS sign-on.
What's with all the .Nxt stuff over there?

From: Karl E. Peterson on
GS wrote:
> Karl E. Peterson explained on 5/10/2010 :
>> GS wrote:
>>> I asked about this in another post where you replied to me. I'll follow
>>> your lead if you provide me with the details of where/what/how you're
>>> connecting to the comp.lang.basic.visual.misc group. I suppose I could go
>>> investigating several servers but I'm sure what's good for you will also
>>> be just as good for me (assuming you'd recommend the one you're
>>> using).<bg>
>>
>> I signed up for an account at E-S. I really didn't like the posting
>> restrictions at aioe (25/day/IPaddr!). You do have to wait a few hours for
>> passwords to be put into effect, but it works pretty darned well after
>> that.
>
> Ok, I'm there as GEFS because they wouldn't accept my GS sign-on.

You can configure your reader to display your name however you want.
It doesn't matter what credentials you need to login with.

> What's with all the .Nxt stuff over there?

I have no idea. Hadn't seen any, myself.

--
..NET: It's About Trust!
http://vfred.mvps.org

From: MM on
On Mon, 10 May 2010 14:43:53 -0700, Karl E. Peterson <karl(a)exmvps.org>
wrote:

>MM wrote:
>> Karl E. Peterson <karl(a)exmvps.org> wrote:

>>> On which server? At e-s, I show 6043 posts going back to 11/24/09 in
>>> this group.
>>
>> Don't forget NewsgroupDirect with around 160,000 posts going back to
>> 2005!
>
>There's an entrance fee there, though, right?

Nope. I got a free 1gb per month account.

MM
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40
Prev: Localized Date
Next: Check if String has a number