From: Ray Fischer on
nospam <nospam(a)nospam.invalid> wrote:
>In article <hci9pg$20dv$1(a)adenine.netfront.net>, No spam please
><me(a)spamnotwelcome.org> wrote:
>
>> Actually, you may find there's more of a mess with Nikon lenses than with
>> Canon lenses.
>>
>> I have no problems using any Canon EF lens on any EF body.
>
>there are no problems using any nikon af lens on any nikon body either.
>the only issue is that entry level cameras won't autofocus old lenses,

So there's no problems except for the problems.

Sheesh.

--
Ray Fischer
rfischer(a)sonic.net

From: nospam on
In article <4aed2654$0$1598$742ec2ed(a)news.sonic.net>, Ray Fischer
<rfischer(a)sonic.net> wrote:

> >there are no problems using any nikon af lens on any nikon body either.
> >the only issue is that entry level cameras won't autofocus old lenses,
>
> So there's no problems except for the problems.

people who buy entry level cameras don't usually buy a lot of old
lenses and people who have a lot of lenses don't usually buy entry
level cameras, so it isn't actually much of a problem.
From: No spam please on
"nospam" <nospam(a)nospam.invalid> wrote in message
> In article <4aed2654$0$1598$742ec2ed(a)news.sonic.net>, Ray Fischer
> <rfischer(a)sonic.net> wrote:
>
>> >there are no problems using any nikon af lens on any nikon body either.
>> >the only issue is that entry level cameras won't autofocus old lenses,
>>
>> So there's no problems except for the problems.
>
> people who buy entry level cameras don't usually buy a lot of old
> lenses and people who have a lot of lenses don't usually buy entry
> level cameras, so it isn't actually much of a problem.

In my experience, my friends who bought entry-level cameras wanted to keep
their spending to the minimum in case they weren't able to handle an SLR.
This meant that they tended to buy those second-hand old lenses.

I'd had SLRs for decades so I was happy to spend more money and get newer
equipment.

Your mileage may vary.

Regards once again, Rog.

From: No spam please on
"Bob Larter" <bobbylarter(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> PaddleHard wrote:
>> I have a question about lenses, Canon in particular. I have a Digital
>> Rebel 300D and am looking to purchase a 50D in the next year. I'm
>> looking at a EF 28-135mm IS USM lense. Will this work with both
>> cameras?
>
> Yep.
>
>> What's the rule of thumb for Canon lenses and their
>> 'compatibility' with older and new cameras?
>
> Any EF (not EFS) lens should work fine on any Canon DSLR.

I believe it is also true that any EF lens should work on any Canon EF mount
body including their 35mm and APS bodies.
Before you ask - not all airlines permit digital cameras to be used during
flight and many prohibit them during the take-off and landing phases of the
flight. I fly with an airline that has a total ban on digital equipment.
It's a good airline (usually on time, plenty of leg room and so on) so I'm
happy to use a film body.

Regards, Rog.

From: Floyd L. Davidson on
"No spam please" <me(a)spamnotwelcome.org> wrote:

>>> So there's no problems except for the problems.

The point is that the lens *will* work. And that is
true for lenses going way back into the 1970's for
Nikon; which is *not* true for Canon cameras.

>> people who buy entry level cameras don't usually buy a lot of old
>> lenses and people who have a lot of lenses don't usually buy entry
>> level cameras, so it isn't actually much of a problem.
>
>In my experience, my friends who bought entry-level cameras wanted to keep
>their spending to the minimum in case they weren't able to handle an SLR.
>This meant that they tended to buy those second-hand old lenses.
>
>I'd had SLRs for decades so I was happy to spend more money and get newer
>equipment.
>
>Your mileage may vary.

People who buy entry level cameras should read the
specifications before buying. Why didn't your friend do
that.

They also typically ask friends who use cameras for
advice, and you should have made it a point to let them
know about older lenses and entry level bodies. Why
doesn't that happen with your friends?

Or, perhaps your irrational claims are not true; you
made it up on the moment to support your equally
irration opinions on Nikon cameras???

Ukpeagvik (Barrow, Alaska) floyd(a)apaflo.com