From: Here In Oregon on

"Glennbo" > Hehe, the production machine in my office, $30 case with PS,
runs 24/7 4
> years now. Bosses production machine, $30 case with PS, runs 24/7 3
> years now. 5 machines in my house and another 3 in my office that don't
> run 24/7, but are turned on a lot, like most every day, cheep $30 cases
> with PS no problems. To be totally honest, I've had two power supplies
> go out in the last 15 years. Once at home and once at my office, both
> were cheep $30 cases with power supplies, but in both cases, the machines
> had been running for more than three years 24/7, and no components were
> damaged from it. I basically popped a cheep $30 PS in those machines and
> ran them for another three years nonstop. My Core 2 Duo was literally
> full of dust, I mean like caked on, and I blew it out with some
> compressed air. I'm betting it's going to fire right up when I get time
> to mess with it in the next few days. :-)

You are just waiting for a catastrophe, and our motherboards, chipsets, and
ram have changed. Good luck! You know Toyotas were once very dependable
too.

From: Here In Oregon on

Your case and power supply had 8 reviews from MWAVE.

1st one.

Strengths: for the price this is a vary good case i would have given it 5
stars but the power supply was a pain cause it didnt work. but i didnt
really expect it to last vary long anyways with how cheap it was. other than
that the case is definitely worth it with the price. the customer service
was also vary good. i emailed them and withing 10 minutes got an email back
about my power supply problems

2nd one.

Weaknesses: The power supply was a little noisy.

The other five were mediocre reviews at best.

From: kitekrazy on
On 3/7/2010 12:09 AM, Glennbo wrote:
> In news:hmv337$jpe$1(a)news.eternal-september.org the killer robot "Here
> In Oregon"<HIO(a)nospam.net> grabbed the controls of the spaceship
> cakewalk.audio and pressed these buttons...
>
>> Not wanting to be an alarmist and
>> Glennbo almost always seems to give out great advice but skimping on a
>> power supply I humbly feel is a mistake.
>
> Hehe, the production machine in my office, $30 case with PS, runs 24/7 4
> years now. Bosses production machine, $30 case with PS, runs 24/7 3
> years now. 5 machines in my house and another 3 in my office that don't
> run 24/7, but are turned on a lot, like most every day, cheep $30 cases
> with PS no problems. To be totally honest, I've had two power supplies
> go out in the last 15 years. Once at home and once at my office, both
> were cheep $30 cases with power supplies, but in both cases, the machines
> had been running for more than three years 24/7, and no components were
> damaged from it. I basically popped a cheep $30 PS in those machines and
> ran them for another three years nonstop. My Core 2 Duo was literally
> full of dust, I mean like caked on, and I blew it out with some
> compressed air. I'm betting it's going to fire right up when I get time
> to mess with it in the next few days. :-)

I doubt the cheapy 500 watt that's in the case will be pushed to it's
limit even if it were to flame out at 375W. Replace your nVidia card
with a Radeon 4650 and it will consume even less power.
From: Bob Donald on

"Here In Oregon" <HIO(a)nospam.net> wrote in message

> You are just waiting for a catastrophe, and our motherboards, chipsets,
> and ram have changed. Good luck! You know Toyotas were once very
> dependable too.

I've had really good luck with the Antec earthwatt p/s's. 80+ efficiency.
I've got 2 servers and an htpc running 24/7, and out of the 6 home systems
I've replaced so far, I've had 1 snafu at home, 1 at work <I replaced about
30 at work with antec's>. Great support, rma'ed it quick, even paid for the
shipping. A bit expensive <unless you find them on a newegg shell shocker
deal>, but definitely worth it in my experience with them.

From: John Braner on
On 06/03/2010 19:37, Glennbo wrote:
> In news:hmtuv4$e4t$1(a)news.eternal-september.org the killer robot John
> Braner<me(a)myhouse.com> grabbed the controls of the spaceship
> cakewalk.audio and pressed these buttons...

>>> Sounds similar to a single bass drum hit from a TR-808 or something.
>>>

>> No way - bloopz are special. Much phatter and phartier.
>>
>> And of course bloopz are 64 bit ;-)
>
> Oh well, I completely forgot about the 64 bitz aspect. TR-808 is analog

It's OK - I'll keep you right ;-)

> and is therefore not worth even two bitz. ;)

That's right, analog doesn't even have any bits!!

--
John Braner

jbraner(a)NOblueyonderSPAM.co.uk
http://cdbaby.com/cd/JohnBraner
http://www.soundclick.com/johnbraner
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Prev: Reaper 3.35
Next: OK Gos Amazing Rube Goldberg Machine