First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67
Two dictionaries in TextEdit
Is it possible to have two different dictionaries selected in TextEdit? I'm editing a document which contains lists of French songs which I would like to be able to spell check as well as the English information. ... 22 Sep 2009 11:47
.flac files in iTunes/QuickTime
Running 10.5.8 on a G4, iTunes 9, and QT Player 7.6.4. I have downloaded and installed the XiphQT 0.1.9 plugin for QuickTime, which is supposed to enable the playing of .flac lossless audio files in iTunes and QuickTime. But it doesn't seem to work. iTunes just won't import any .flac files, and QuickTime giv... 17 Sep 2009 02:23
Replacing Login Screen
I''m running Snow Leopard (10.6.1) and would like to replace that purplish space theme login screen with something more to my liking. Prior to Snow Leopard I was using an applet called Loginox which did exactly what I wanted, allowing me to switch between the default login screen and one of my choosing. Unfort... 15 Sep 2009 11:15
itunes upgrade question
When I went to iTunes 8, it modified my playlist so that I could not share it with my beige g3 itunes, limited to version 6 under Jaguar, thus creating an annoyance I still dislike. Does an upgrade to iTunes 9 do anything to inhibit sharing with iTunes 8 which my G3 imac running Tiger is limited to? If so, do... 20 Sep 2009 16:16
Excel 2004 and web pages
In Excel for Windows, you can access a web page and specify the specific information you are after. In Excel 2004 for Mac you cannot. Consequently, if your spreadsheet accesses a particular line and it moves because of web page changes, you lose the information and have to revise your spreadsheet. Is there... 9 Sep 2009 08:34
Wish number 895
To be able to organise icons on the desktop according to type and date at the same time. In other words the folders group together but in date order etc. I don't suppose this is possible post Tiger? -- dorayme ... 8 Sep 2009 22:37
Snow Leopard and MP4 movies
Warren Oates <warren.oates(a)gmail.com> wrote: In article <1j5o49z.6how9maq5iopN%burt(a)mindstorm-inc.com>, burt(a)mindstorm-inc.com (Burt Johnson) wrote: As far as the missing codec, that would have been my first thought too, except... Even when I get black when played normaly under QT, it will ... 10 Sep 2009 21:25
EchoMac - solved - works in Mac OS X 10.6
In article <marc.heusser-2F4727.06430601092009(a)news.uzh.ch>, Marc Heusser <marc.heusser(a)byeheusser.commercialspammers.invalid> wrote: Up to now zero problems with 10.6, and the very few applications that had minor quirks have already been updated. Marc HB9ERT Marc Good to hear EchoMac is work... 3 Sep 2009 07:41
No iTunes store access
I used to be able to access the iTunes store, but can't now. Just get that stupid horizontal barber pole and after what seems like an hour, it says it can't access the store. Any suggestions? ... 26 Dec 2008 04:26
Mozy for Mac is junk - try CrashPlan and Drobo
I dumped it and demanded a refund. I REALLY wanted to like it, but it just never worked. Took me 6 weeks to do a full backup, and it lost my backup and forced me to restart from scratch 4 times in less than a year. I am now looking at using CrashPlan with a Drobo I can put in my sister-in-law's house. This w... 24 Dec 2008 06:45