First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67
Composite characters in Keynote
Hi! I'm preparing presentations for lectures I'm giving. I decided to try keynote instead of LaTeX for a try. Some things are a pleasure, but math typography is a pain. Is there a good way of creating a character with a hat or circonflexe on top? I need the equivalent of $\hat{\delta}$ in LaTeX, i.e. a lower ... 22 Oct 2009 08:31
AIM Mail on Safari: "Too many redirects"
iBook G4, 1.2 GHz, 768 MB RAM, OS 10.4.11, Safari 4.0.3 (4531.9), Firefox 3.5.3 Today, when I went to check my AIM Mail account (not my main account - it's used for a specific purpose), I got an error message to the effect that Safari couldn't display the page due to too many redirects. I have not seen this ... 14 Oct 2009 20:18
Can Mac protect Windows
J.J. O'Shea wrote: On Sun, 11 Oct 2009 15:44:32 -0400, Wes Groleau wrote With either parallels or Fusion (or any other virtualizer) can it be set so that the Mac permissions, groups, and owners are enforced in Windows? What I'm getting at is that if the Windows _system_ is owned by the Mac root/... 8 Nov 2009 14:04
Snow Leopard Safari Tabs
Hi, Suddenly my tab bar in Safari 4.0.3 (Snow Leopard) disappeared. Just prior to this my little "X's" to delete the tab went away. I googled for a solution and I ended up Resetting Safari. The "X's" were back but I have no tab bar at all. Command-T makes a new tab, and a tab bar. Could anybody steer ... 3 Oct 2009 01:20
Pages messes up bibliography on export
iWork'09 I have a document with some Endnote citations. On export to Word, it warns that merge fields have been converted to text. When I open the document in Word, sure enough, the bibliography is pure text (all field codes are gone) and useless for further work. It appears that Pages does not really work... 2 Oct 2009 16:32
binbot
Does anyone know where i can get a serial for BinBot? I'd use Unison, but its sooo slow ... 26 Sep 2009 16:53
So tired of TM and PreferencesSyncClient killing me in games
John McWilliams <jpmcw(a)comcast.net> wrote: Why in the name of all that's Holy would you want to have TM enabled when you're playing games? Probably because that's sort of what TM advertizes - that after you set it up, you pretty much forget about it. You aren't supposed to have to switch it on and off dep... 27 Sep 2009 10:09
any with Graphing Calculator or Nucalc 3.5, or other good andbad calculators?
[This topic's irrelevant in several of the listed newsgroups, but I didn't trim the list as I don't know where you are reading. You could set followups when you have an egregiously long list of newsgroups.] [See bc results below] On Sun, 20 Sep 2009 01:39:27 -0700, Autymn D. C. wrote: I need ye to find e^... 20 Sep 2009 14:01
any with Graphing Calculator or Nucalc 3.5, or other good and bad calculators?
I need ye to find e^(π√67) - 5280^3 - 724, at best precision, and post the answer here and by which program. Other/Older versions of the same are welcome. Also tell here your computer if you care. I'm about to post the below at Apple Support about the bugs in Calculator, and need the poll list. -Aut Re:... 5 Oct 2009 07:57
ABC video player
I'm not able to watch full episodes at abc.com any more. At first it said that it needed to upgrade the plug-in, so I let it do that, but it never completed. Then I removed Move-Media-Player.plugin from ~/Library/Internet Plug-Ins, restarted Safari, and it said it needed to install the plug-in, but this just ... 19 Oct 2009 23:05