From: PajaP on
On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 08:52:59 -0500, Leythos <spam999free(a)rrohio.com>
wrote:

>In article <a5blj59hfqb7p29pr8491hsiv10udq93ae(a)4ax.com>, pajap(a)news-
>only.co.uk.invalid says...
>> MSE obviously works on a much higher percentage of systems without
>> issues. The same would apply to Avira, Avast and MalwareBytes.
>> Everyone's system is different.
>> Does now make someone an MS shill just because they prefer an MS product
>> and are not afraid to recommend it here.
>>

>Microsoft didn't write MSE, it's a company they bought, so it's no more
>likely to work "better" or "higher" on any computer than any other
>product.

I never said it would more than any other product. Those are your words.
I was comparing the amount of systems it works on to those it does not.
I really do not care how they acquired this or any other product and it
has no relevance to this discussion.

>For proof, just look at Service Packs and Updates, something
>that MS does write, and how many machines are negatively impacted by
>those.

Irrelevant. Though I dare say the percentage of machines that are
impacted negatively is far lower those that are not.

>Why would you trust MS to protect your computer, with another product,
>when they didn't protect it in the first place?

Why would I not? Unlike yourself who chooses to slate everything MS, I
choose my own experiences to make my own decisions. You are a known MS
basher and as such I ignore most of what you write, which is probably a
shame (but I prefer to ignore those with obvious bias).
From: PajaP on
On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 08:50:38 -0500, Leythos <spam999free(a)rrohio.com>
wrote:

>In article <qp1lj592qhsqhc44e1edqmnuj5rutvvcoh(a)4ax.com>, pajap(a)news-
>only.co.uk.invalid says...
>> >Yea, neither have I and Avira is very light on system resources so I say
>>
>> I took it off my system and others as it used too many system resources
>> in combination with MalwareBytes. Though Avast was far worse than Avira.
>>

>I've used everything on the market, Avira is light on system resources
>if you get the Antivirus/Malware version, not using the one with the
>firewall and such.

I am sure this is correct on your system. Not on mine. MSE uses the
least on mine. It is also the least intrusive.
From: Leythos on
In article <73nmj51f89vjffjhieqm0sj5fegf4s9e33(a)4ax.com>, pajap(a)news-
only.co.uk.invalid says...

> On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 08:52:59 -0500, Leythos <spam999free(a)rrohio.com>
> wrote:
>
> >In article <a5blj59hfqb7p29pr8491hsiv10udq93ae(a)4ax.com>, pajap(a)news-
> >only.co.uk.invalid says...
> >> MSE obviously works on a much higher percentage of systems without
> >> issues. The same would apply to Avira, Avast and MalwareBytes.
> >> Everyone's system is different.
> >> Does now make someone an MS shill just because they prefer an MS product
> >> and are not afraid to recommend it here.
> >>

> >Microsoft didn't write MSE, it's a company they bought, so it's no more
> >likely to work "better" or "higher" on any computer than any other
> >product.
>
> I never said it would more than any other product. Those are your words.
> I was comparing the amount of systems it works on to those it does not.
> I really do not care how they acquired this or any other product and it
> has no relevance to this discussion.

Yes, it does, it's very relevant - you implied that because it was from
Microsoft that it would likely run on a "higher" percentage of machines
with less trouble - that's not true based on many decades of experience
with Microsoft and the vendors they purchase.

> >For proof, just look at Service Packs and Updates, something
> >that MS does write, and how many machines are negatively impacted by
> >those.
>
> Irrelevant. Though I dare say the percentage of machines that are
> impacted negatively is far lower those that are not.

Again, it is VERY relevant - it shows that MS is not building apps that
are more stable or less troublesome than the non-MS vendors, and MS has
the inside scoop on their OS.

> >Why would you trust MS to protect your computer, with another product,
> >when they didn't protect it in the first place?
>
> Why would I not? Unlike yourself who chooses to slate everything MS, I
> choose my own experiences to make my own decisions. You are a known MS
> basher and as such I ignore most of what you write, which is probably a
> shame (but I prefer to ignore those with obvious bias).

You're wrong about my view on MS - I make a TON of money by building
enterprise MS solutions all over the country and I have 20+ MS OS
machines in my home, and several Linux ones.

I am not a "known MS basher" at all - I'm very honest and very
realistic. I love XP and server 2003/2008 and love Win 7 (don't care for
Vista).

There is no BIAS on my part, but yours is clearly showing.

MS has proven time and time again that they can't secure the OS
platform, even with their own antimalware tools, there has never been a
case to trust them to build another app to protect the OS.

Comprehend what I've written exactly as I write it, don't guess that I
mean something other than what I've written.

Trust yourself.
From: Leythos on
In article <sgnmj5par0m0bjq6t8deptv5l73bocqq1h(a)4ax.com>, pajap(a)news-
only.co.uk.invalid says...

> On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 08:50:38 -0500, Leythos <spam999free(a)rrohio.com>
> wrote:
>
> >In article <qp1lj592qhsqhc44e1edqmnuj5rutvvcoh(a)4ax.com>, pajap(a)news-
> >only.co.uk.invalid says...
> >>
> >> I took it off my system and others as it used too many system resources
> >> in combination with MalwareBytes. Though Avast was far worse than Avira.
> >>

> >I've used everything on the market, Avira is light on system resources
> >if you get the Antivirus/Malware version, not using the one with the
> >firewall and such.
>
> I am sure this is correct on your system. Not on mine. MSE uses the
> least on mine. It is also the least intrusive.

Please describe YOUR system, CPU, Memory, Drive types/speed, available
FREE resources....

Open Task Manager and tell us how much memory and CPU MSE is using on
startup and then after it's settled down....

Trust yourself.
From: Leythos on
In article <sgnmj5par0m0bjq6t8deptv5l73bocqq1h(a)4ax.com>, pajap(a)news-
only.co.uk.invalid says...

> On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 08:50:38 -0500, Leythos <spam999free(a)rrohio.com>
> wrote:
>
> >In article <qp1lj592qhsqhc44e1edqmnuj5rutvvcoh(a)4ax.com>, pajap(a)news-
> >only.co.uk.invalid says...
> >>
> >> I took it off my system and others as it used too many system resources
> >> in combination with MalwareBytes. Though Avast was far worse than Avira.
> >>

> >I've used everything on the market, Avira is light on system resources
> >if you get the Antivirus/Malware version, not using the one with the
> >firewall and such.
>
> I am sure this is correct on your system. Not on mine. MSE uses the
> least on mine. It is also the least intrusive.

Oh, and since I asked you about yours, here are my specs on a simple
machine:

P4/3.2ghz Hyper threaded, 2GB RAM, XP Pro + SP3 and all updates, 500GB
SATA 7200 RPM:

After boot, after the initial boot scan, system, with Gravity and
Outlook open, with Avira, Skype, Yahoo IM, Logitec Cam, Ati, VNC running
in the background, 513MB of 2096MB in use, 1% CPU load, Avguard.exe
using 392k, Avgnt.exe using 1.372k.

Trust yourself.