From: PajaP on
On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 11:28:01 -0500, Leythos <spam999free(a)rrohio.com>
wrote:

>If you are comfortable using MSE alone, when it provides less protection
>than Avira, well, so be it.

MSE meets my needs. It performs better on my PC.
End of.
From: PajaP on
On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 11:18:42 -0500, Leythos <spam999free(a)rrohio.com>
wrote:

>I do not believe your statement based on the thousands of machines I
>work with each year.

This is not some sort of pissing contest. I do not care how many systems
you claim to work with each year. Get over yourself.

>Now you see the problem, you've stated exactly what I paraphrased. If
>you mean that MSE is 'Installed' on more machines instead of 'stable' on
>more machines....

I mean no matter how many machines it is installed on, the vast majority
of them will have no issues.

>I see that you've not posted your system spec's again, which are very
>relevant to this discussion - why not post them, what do you hope to
>gain by not describing your system and resources?

I have posted my system specs now though I do not see this as relevant.
I am not going to start checking resources at regular intervals. I know
when my system is running differently without checking any pretty
graphs.
I am certainly not going to visit all the other machines where people
have told me their system works better with MSE (instead of
alternatives), after I or they installed it. Though I know some are much
less well specced than mine (similar systems to your own) and a few are
higher specced.
From: siljaline on
Daave wrote:
> "Phoning home" implies spyware. That is not the same thing as ensuring
> you have the most up-to-date antivirus definitions downloaded and
> installed!

If you can't control how many times your own up phones-MS your IP, Browser, OS, etc,
that's phoning home.
You wouldn't catch me dead running MSE, the first build of,Windows Defender, was another
animal, from a different Zoo.

End Game.

Silj

- Neil Stephenson, _Cryptonomicon_

From: Leythos on
In article <hfvmj5p14egh5rili3qbs778079j4ktjc2(a)4ax.com>, pajap(a)news-
only.co.uk.invalid says...
> On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 11:18:42 -0500, Leythos <spam999free(a)rrohio.com>
> wrote:
>
> >I do not believe your statement based on the thousands of machines I
> >work with each year.
>
> This is not some sort of pissing contest. I do not care how many systems
> you claim to work with each year. Get over yourself.

Paja, you should look in a mirror.

This was a "discussion" as far as I was concerned, but you've accused me
of being a MS Basher (which is a complete lie), accused me of being in
some pissing contest with you (which is a complete lie) and now you've
suggested that I'm doing this because I'm big headed.

You made the claim that MSE was more stable and lower on resources than
Avira, then you added the Avira + MBAM Resident, but you also said that
you only tested MSE without MBAM resident - which shows that you didn't
actually, fairly, look at MSE vs Avira.

I don't care what you run on your computer, but I do care about
misinformation.

Trust yourself.
From: PajaP on
On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 12:01:37 -0500, Leythos <spam999free(a)rrohio.com>
wrote:

>I don't care what you run on your computer, but I do care about
>misinformation.

It is not misinformation. It is my experiences and it is true. Nothing
can change that.
My testing was not flawed. I choose not to test MalwareBytes with MSE
but am sure it would still perform better than Avira with MalwareBytes.
I trust MSE without any additional spyware.
I did not trust Avira Free without additional software.
I am certain that MSE works better for me.

If you are so concerned why don't you test it and let us know.
Won't matter one diddly squat to me though because that will be on your
system and not mine.

Sorry if I offended you by saying you had a problem with MS but your
posts indicate this. As do posts where you find a need to inform people
about how many systems you manage indicate some sort of pissing contest.
I would imagine a lot of people here do similar and find no need to
mention it. It is irrelevant and even if it were relevant can only be
taken a face value.

For the record, yes I do trust MS to protect my system (both their
firewall product and MSE are more than adequate). I have no issue with
MS and find their software works well enough for me.
I am sure there are other packages out there that would seemingly offer
me more, if I pay. I do not need more and choose not to buy or install
them, at this time. Might this change? Maybe.

But I stand by my claim that MSE is currently the best software for **my
**system.