From: Cronos on
PajaP wrote:

> I am sure this is correct on your system. Not on mine. MSE uses the
> least on mine. It is also the least intrusive.

Maybe that's because MSE has no firewall bundled with it? Pay for
version of Avira does so of course it is going to be more intrusive.
Free version doesn't though and is not intrusive at all, except when it
claims a file is a virus when it isn't. ;)
From: Cronos on
PajaP wrote:

> That fact is: Resident protection of Avira or Avast when used together
> with the resident protection in Malwarebytes Antimalware uses more
> resources on my PC than just Resident MSE alone.

Have benchmarks to prove it? Put up or shut up.
From: Cronos on
Daave wrote:

> "Phoning home" implies spyware. That is not the same thing as ensuring
> you have the most up-to-date antivirus definitions downloaded and
> installed!

Well, just about all Microsoft software does snoop a bit if you don't
opt out.
From: PajaP on
On Thu, 31 Dec 2009 02:30:58 GMT, Dustin Cook
<bughunter.dustin(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>Just for curiosity sake, which version of malwarebytes are you running?
>V1.43 was released earlier this afternoon...

H'mmm I am just looking at another thread that indicates there was some
issue with 1.42?
How long was 1.42 in use before this latest 1.43 version (more than a
month?)
From: Dustin Cook on
PajaP <pajap(a)news-only.co.uk.invalid> wrote in

> On Thu, 31 Dec 2009 02:30:58 GMT, Dustin Cook
> <bughunter.dustin(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Looks like it was Avira that was the resource hog on my system.
>>>

>>Just for curiosity sake, which version of malwarebytes are you running?
>>V1.43 was released earlier this afternoon...
>
> Well it was 1.42 but now 1.43, thanks.

v1.43 is supposed (we hope!) to clear up the PM module memory leak issue.
Please let me know if this was a problem you experienced previously and if
this corrects it for you.

--
.... Those are my thoughts anyways...