From: PajaP on
On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 09:30:40 -0500, Leythos <spam999free(a)rrohio.com>
wrote:

>In article <sgnmj5par0m0bjq6t8deptv5l73bocqq1h(a)4ax.com>, pajap(a)news-
>only.co.uk.invalid says...
>>
>> On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 08:50:38 -0500, Leythos <spam999free(a)rrohio.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >In article <qp1lj592qhsqhc44e1edqmnuj5rutvvcoh(a)4ax.com>, pajap(a)news-
>> >only.co.uk.invalid says...

>> >I've used everything on the market, Avira is light on system resources
>> >if you get the Antivirus/Malware version, not using the one with the
>> >firewall and such.
>>
>> I am sure this is correct on your system. Not on mine. MSE uses the
>> least on mine. It is also the least intrusive.
>
>Please describe YOUR system, CPU, Memory, Drive types/speed, available
>FREE resources....
>
>Open Task Manager and tell us how much memory and CPU MSE is using on
>startup and then after it's settled down....

Why? My system is running fine. I require no support.
From: PajaP on
On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 09:29:49 -0500, Leythos <spam999free(a)rrohio.com>
wrote:

>In article <73nmj51f89vjffjhieqm0sj5fegf4s9e33(a)4ax.com>, pajap(a)news-
>only.co.uk.invalid says...
>>
>> On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 08:52:59 -0500, Leythos <spam999free(a)rrohio.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >In article <a5blj59hfqb7p29pr8491hsiv10udq93ae(a)4ax.com>, pajap(a)news-
>> >only.co.uk.invalid says...
>> >>

>> >Microsoft didn't write MSE, it's a company they bought, so it's no more
>> >likely to work "better" or "higher" on any computer than any other
>> >product.
>>
>> I never said it would more than any other product. Those are your words.
>> I was comparing the amount of systems it works on to those it does not.
>> I really do not care how they acquired this or any other product and it
>> has no relevance to this discussion.
>
>Yes, it does, it's very relevant - you implied that because it was from
>Microsoft that it would likely run on a "higher" percentage of machines
>with less trouble - that's not true based on many decades of experience
>with Microsoft and the vendors they purchase.

No I did not. You misunderstood it.
I have already told you what I meant but as you seem to have a bit of a
problem I will quote it for you (in case you cannot look a few lines
up):
"I was comparing the amount of systems it works on to those it does
not".
Obviously I am talking about a percentage of the systems with a problem
as a ratio to those have no problem.

<snip>

>Comprehend what I've written exactly as I write it, don't guess that I
>mean something other than what I've written.

When you do the same.
From: Leythos on
In article <sprmj5hu8tnp7mogg7l3s60aur9tvcj7tr(a)4ax.com>, pajap(a)news-
only.co.uk.invalid says...

> On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 09:30:40 -0500, Leythos <spam999free(a)rrohio.com>
> wrote:
>
> >In article <sgnmj5par0m0bjq6t8deptv5l73bocqq1h(a)4ax.com>, pajap(a)news-
> >only.co.uk.invalid says...

> >> I am sure this is correct on your system. Not on mine. MSE uses the
> >> least on mine. It is also the least intrusive.
> >
> >Please describe YOUR system, CPU, Memory, Drive types/speed, available
> >FREE resources....
> >
> >Open Task Manager and tell us how much memory and CPU MSE is using on
> >startup and then after it's settled down....
>
> Why? My system is running fine. I require no support.

You made a claim, that Avira loads down your system, that MSE doesn't, I
just wondered what your system specs are so that we might learn
something from your situation instead of just ramblings.

Trust yourself.
From: Daave on
Leythos wrote:

> Why would you trust MS to protect your computer, with another product,
> when they didn't protect it in the first place?

I like your logic. :-)

From: Daave on
Leythos wrote:
> In article <sprmj5hu8tnp7mogg7l3s60aur9tvcj7tr(a)4ax.com>, pajap(a)news-
> only.co.uk.invalid says...
>>
>> On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 09:30:40 -0500, Leythos <spam999free(a)rrohio.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> In article <sgnmj5par0m0bjq6t8deptv5l73bocqq1h(a)4ax.com>, pajap(a)news-
>>> only.co.uk.invalid says...

>>> Please describe YOUR system, CPU, Memory, Drive types/speed,
>>> available FREE resources....
>>>
>>> Open Task Manager and tell us how much memory and CPU MSE is using
>>> on startup and then after it's settled down....
>>
>> Why? My system is running fine. I require no support.
>
> You made a claim, that Avira loads down your system, that MSE
> doesn't, I just wondered what your system specs are so that we might
> learn something from your situation instead of just ramblings.

I, too, would like to see that claim backed up. I have a hard time
(based on experience and noting CPU loads and RAM usage) accepting the
idea that Avira (the basic, free version) is not feather-light on a
system! Also, it would be helpful to see how MSE compares to it with
regard to using resources/RAM. Perhaps there is a realistic minimum
needed to run it (amount of RAM, type and speed of CPU).

To PajaP, it would be helpful to other people in this newsgroup to tell
us your system's specs, etc. This way, we can detemine a realistic
minimum set of specs to run MSE. And for those who have older PCs, it
would be logical to recommend programs like Avira (which *is* light on
resources) to them.