From: Dustin Cook on
PajaP <pajap(a)news-only.co.uk.invalid> wrote in

> On Thu, 31 Dec 2009 02:30:58 GMT, Dustin Cook
> <bughunter.dustin(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>Just for curiosity sake, which version of malwarebytes are you running?
>>V1.43 was released earlier this afternoon...
>
> H'mmm I am just looking at another thread that indicates there was some
> issue with 1.42?
> How long was 1.42 in use before this latest 1.43 version (more than a
> month?)

v1.42 was placed online near the beginning of december; and on some system
configurations the PM module did have memory leak issues. everytime you
updated definitions, it was consuming that much more memory; eventually
resulting in system instability and a crash.

--
.... Those are my thoughts anyways...

From: PajaP on
On Thu, 31 Dec 2009 11:48:50 -0500, "Daave" <daave(a)example.com> wrote:

>I thought your system was slower because you were also simultaneously
>running MBAM's real-time component. Apologies in advance in the event
>you also tried the *free* version of Avira *without* MBAM and compared
>*that* situation to MSE.

No, but I have been running MBAM and MSE together with no issues, so
far. Though this is the latest 1.43 version of MABM.
I am wondering if it was MBAM causing the issues as the 1.42 version
reportedly had a bit of a memory leak issue.. Though looking at an email
communication for a fiends PC with similar issue, which was at end of
November, it cannot be the same problem for him (1.42 was not released
until December).
Though it would be right dates for problems with my PC (I only switched
to 64-bit Windows 7 at the start of the month which is when I started
testing AV software again).
I have converted a lot of users to MSE from Avira, Avast and some AVG
this month too, who all reported various, but minor issues. Some but not
all were running MBAM too but I am unsure if any had the resident MBAM
running (I doubt it as they are not the sort to spend money on software
of this type).
I have got Avira and MBAM on my laptop but don't have a licence to run
the real-time protection on it now (as licence is in use on my PC).
I suppose what I could do is uninstall MSE from my PC and try it again
with Avira and with/without MSE but am reluctant to do so while it is
all running so well (and also it is so unobtrusive). Maybe after the
holiday.
From: Leythos on
In article <dllpj5dtkahh6s44sb4rmd61uatetnq8ha(a)4ax.com>, pajap(a)news-
only.co.uk.invalid says...
> I have got Avira and MBAM on my laptop but don't have a licence to run
> the real-time protection on it now (as licence is in use on my PC).
> I suppose what I could do is uninstall MSE from my PC and try it again
> with Avira and with/without MSE but am reluctant to do so while it is
> all running so well (and also it is so unobtrusive). Maybe after the
> holiday.

I think you will find, after some experience, that Avira provides a LOT
better protection against malware than MSE even pretends to provide.

Trust yourself.
From: Gary on

On 31-Dec-2009, Leythos <spam999free(a)rrohio.com> wrote:

> I think you will find, after some experience, that Avira provides a LOT
> better protection against malware than MSE even pretends to provide.
>
> --
> You can't trust your best friends, your five senses, only the little
> voice inside you that most civilians don't even hear -- Listen to that.
> Trust yourself.
> spam999free(a)rrohio.com (remove 999 for proper email address)

I will second that.
From: PajaP on
On Fri, 1 Jan 2010 10:56:45 -0500, "Daave" <daave(a)example.com> wrote:

>Since the *overwhelming* majority of those who have installed Avira do
>not experience the problem of not being able to boot their system
>afterwards (!), I would have to say this is a user issue more than
>anything else.

Since the *overwhelming* majority of those who have installed MSE do
not experience any problems, I would have to say any that do, have a
user issue more than anything else.