From: Ian Rawlings on
On 2007-07-11, Tony van der Hoff <news(a)nospam.vanderhoff.org> wrote:

> On the previous topic, I have had, for over a year, a (largeish) keyring
> device from LloydsTSB with a 6-digit LCD, which displays a pseudo-random
> number when I turn it on. I have to enter this number, as well as my userid
> and password to access my online banking accounts.

That's odd, I've not seen those and have been banking with Lloyds
since was 17, and have been using online banking pretty much since it
was set up. I wonder why they've not pushed one of those onto me.
Perhaps I don't earn enough to be a juicy target ;-)

From: Tony van der Hoff on
On 11 Jul at 15:20 Ian Rawlings <news06(a)tarcus.org.uk> wrote in message
<slrnf99poo.cq3.news06(a)desktop.tarcus.org.uk>

> On 2007-07-11, Tony van der Hoff <news(a)nospam.vanderhoff.org> wrote:
>
> > On the previous topic, I have had, for over a year, a (largeish) keyring
> > device from LloydsTSB with a 6-digit LCD, which displays a pseudo-random
> > number when I turn it on. I have to enter this number, as well as my
> > userid and password to access my online banking accounts.
>
> That's odd, I've not seen those and have been banking with Lloyds since
> was 17, and have been using online banking pretty much since it was set
> up. I wonder why they've not pushed one of those onto me. Perhaps I don't
> earn enough to be a juicy target ;-)

http://www.lloydstsb.com/banksecurehelp/banksecurehelp.asp

They billed it as a limited trial; I got one, my wife didn't, and she still
has to use her "memorable phrase" (which is so obvious to anyone who knows
her closely that it's a waste of time :( ).

Interesting, though, I would have thought they would have completed the
trial by now!

--
Tony van der Hoff | mailto:tony(a)vanderhoff.org
Buckinghamshire, England
From: Ian Rawlings on
On 2007-07-11, Tony van der Hoff <news(a)nospam.vanderhoff.org> wrote:

> Interesting, though, I would have thought they would have completed the
> trial by now!

Well, I've got three similar devices on my desk, it's getting a bit much!

From: Dave Liquorice on
On Wed, 11 Jul 2007 15:20:08 +0100, Ian Rawlings wrote:

>> On the previous topic, I have had, for over a year, a (largeish)
>> keyring device from LloydsTSB with a 6-digit LCD,
>
> That's odd, I've not seen those and have been banking with Lloyds
> since was 17, and have been using online banking pretty much since it
> was set up. I wonder why they've not pushed one of those onto me.

New customers only or opt in? I recently opened a new business account
with HSBC and was given the option of this 6 digit keyfob device.

What I want to know is can I use this "HSBC" keyfob with another bank
should they decide to use them or do I *have* to use their supplied fob? I
don't mind carrying *a* fob but I don't want to carry any more plus a
couple of card reading things...

--
Cheers new5pam(a)howhill.com
Dave. pam is missing e-mail

From: alexd on
Dave Liquorice wrote:

> What I want to know is can I use this "HSBC" keyfob with another bank
> should they decide to use them or do I *have* to use their supplied fob? I
> don't mind carrying *a* fob but I don't want to carry any more plus a
> couple of card reading things...

Presumably the banks could share the serial of your fob; it's not in their
interest to keep paying RSA the not inconsiderable sum for fobs when they
don't have to. So, in answer to your question, yes you have to use their
supplied fob :-)

http://www.misco.co.uk/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=214756

--
<http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) (UnSoEsNpEaTm(a)ale.cx)
17:28:45 up 73 days, 19:31, 4 users, load average: 0.05, 0.06, 0.08