From: Bill T. on
On Wed, 07 Jul 2010 19:04:57 -0700, MothboyHunter
<mothboyhunter(a)mothboyhunter.org> wrote:

>In article <p06a36hr1orbsumollgtvir7pg2lo7ger2(a)4ax.com>,
> Robert Coe <bob(a)1776.COM> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 06 Jul 2010 14:53:48 -0500, Bill T. <billt(a)unknown.net> wrote:
>

>> :
>> : I don't understand all this whining. When I am teaching an apprentice I
>> : give them a little contest and exercise. Using this simple challenge
>> : several times during their learning experience to see how they are
>> : progressing. I will point out (for example) that tree, that rock, that
>> : fence-post, that weed. Then say, "Okay, you and I both have 5 minutes to
>> : find a printable image somewhere within those boundaries. GO!"
>> :
>> : It's never a challenge to find a subject worth printing. It's just a
>> : challenge to see if you can find something better than the other guy. When
>> : I can be outdone by my apprentice then I know I've taught well. It pisses
>> : me off to no end when outdone by them, but also proud of and pleased they
>> : are now doing so well--they finally "get it!"
>>
>> In a similar vein, I believe that the way to teach cropping is to assign the
>> student to find the best picture possible in every image (s)he shoots. Once
>> you've learned to make a bad picture mediocre, it's a lot easier to make a
>> good picture better.
>>
>> Bob
>
>Bob, you did understand that "Bill T." is none other than yet another
>sock of the resident P&S troll, didn't you?

You act as if that somehow discounts what I say -- AND PROVE.

Troll much?

LOL!!!!!!!!

From: MothboyHunter on
In article <kdea369t6ad9jvtkgscnkli13bjo05kslb(a)4ax.com>,
Bill T. <billt(a)unknown.net> wrote:

> On Wed, 07 Jul 2010 19:04:57 -0700, MothboyHunter
> <mothboyhunter(a)mothboyhunter.org> wrote:
>
> >In article <p06a36hr1orbsumollgtvir7pg2lo7ger2(a)4ax.com>,
> > Robert Coe <bob(a)1776.COM> wrote:
> >
> >> On Tue, 06 Jul 2010 14:53:48 -0500, Bill T. <billt(a)unknown.net> wrote:
> >

> >> :
> >> : I don't understand all this whining. When I am teaching an apprentice I
> >> : give them a little contest and exercise. Using this simple challenge
> >> : several times during their learning experience to see how they are
> >> : progressing. I will point out (for example) that tree, that rock, that
> >> : fence-post, that weed. Then say, "Okay, you and I both have 5 minutes to
> >> : find a printable image somewhere within those boundaries. GO!"
> >> :
> >> : It's never a challenge to find a subject worth printing. It's just a
> >> : challenge to see if you can find something better than the other guy.
> >> : When
> >> : I can be outdone by my apprentice then I know I've taught well. It
> >> : pisses
> >> : me off to no end when outdone by them, but also proud of and pleased
> >> : they
> >> : are now doing so well--they finally "get it!"
> >>
> >> In a similar vein, I believe that the way to teach cropping is to assign
> >> the
> >> student to find the best picture possible in every image (s)he shoots.
> >> Once
> >> you've learned to make a bad picture mediocre, it's a lot easier to make a
> >> good picture better.
> >>
> >> Bob
> >
> >Bob, you did understand that "Bill T." is none other than yet another
> >sock of the resident P&S troll, didn't you?
>
> You act as if that somehow discounts what I say -- AND PROVE.
>
> Troll much?
>
> LOL!!!!!!!!

What an intellectual powerhouse!
You had to add the "AND PROVE" as an afterthought.

What you write and say is always discounted by your troll status,
because you have never proven anything. You forfeited your credibility
with your first rant. Any worthwhile information which might have got
into any of your posts will always be tainted regardless of its value.
You slip in a few facts and half truths as bait. When you get a nibble,
you always try to set the hook too soon.
It must be tough holed up in that basement.
--
Just another P&S troll hunter.
From: tony cooper on
On Wed, 07 Jul 2010 23:01:58 -0500, Bill T. <billt(a)unknown.net> wrote:

>Where's YOUR photography? I've uploaded and posted no less than 20 photos
>this month to prove fools like you dead-wrong, each and every time.

All with questionable provenance. All with the built-in excuse of
being deliberately degraded.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
From: LOL! on
On Thu, 08 Jul 2010 00:16:37 -0400, tony cooper
<tony_cooper213(a)earthlink.net> wrote:

>On Wed, 07 Jul 2010 23:01:58 -0500, Bill T. <billt(a)unknown.net> wrote:
>
>>Where's YOUR photography? I've uploaded and posted no less than 20 photos
>>this month to prove fools like you dead-wrong, each and every time.
>
>All with questionable provenance. All with the built-in excuse of
>being deliberately degraded.

Until you have to file lawsuits against image thieving trolls like Vance
due to the photography excellence you have NO ROOM to make any comments
about how they are presented.

LOL!

From: whisky-dave on

"Chris Malcolm" <cam(a)holyrood.ed.ac.uk> wrote in message
> In rec.photo.digital otter <bighorn_bill(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Those are points of "interest", not random points. I think the point
>> of the mandate is to try to take interesting pictures at uninteresting
>> (random) locations.
>
> If the locations are truly random then some of them will be
> interesting by lucky accident. Which would seem to be unfair to
> unlucky photographers.

With google maps I thought I'd find some interesting listed building near my
home, the closest two were a Red telephone kiosk and a fence around a pub
that is now a betting shop, the pub not the fence.