From: John McWilliams on
Robert Coe wrote:
> On Wed, 07 Jul 2010 19:04:57 -0700, MothboyHunter

> : Bob, you did understand that "Bill T." is none other than yet another
> : sock of the resident P&S troll, didn't you?
> : He is posing as the professor of all that is photography, and he is not
> : worth wasting your time on. The likelihood that he has ever had an
> : "apprentice" of any type is slim to nothing.
> : As far as him being any kind of educator, perish the thought.

> That's OK; I'm not an educator either. If the Troll writes something that
> seems coherent, I'll answer it in that vein. If he posts an insane rant, I'll
> call him on it or ignore it altogether, as I have on many occasions.

The latter is far preferable for the sanity of the rest of us. Please do
ignore whenever possible!

And, I submit, our resident does not deserver the title of troll, much
less Troll. He's simply a pest of extreme virulence. I've seldom seen
such anger last for so long.

--
john mcwilliams
From: Robert Coe on
:
: > : Bob, you did understand that "Bill T." is none other than yet another
: > : sock of the resident P&S troll, didn't you?
: > : He is posing as the professor of all that is photography, and he is not
: > : worth wasting your time on. The likelihood that he has ever had an
: > : "apprentice" of any type is slim to nothing.
: > : As far as him being any kind of educator, perish the thought.
:
: > That's OK; I'm not an educator either. If the Troll writes something that
: > seems coherent, I'll answer it in that vein. If he posts an insane rant,
: > I'll call him on it or ignore it altogether, as I have on many occasions.
:
: The latter is far preferable for the sanity of the rest of us. Please do
: ignore whenever possible!

And yet there's no evidence that ignoring him does any good. He responds
equally and similarly to almost any post, whether it's to or about him or not.

: And, I submit, our resident does not deserver the title of troll, much
: less Troll. He's simply a pest of extreme virulence. I've seldom seen
: such anger last for so long.

Which is why I think he's insane, not malevolent.

Bob
From: zulu on
> I guess not. Must have been my imagination. Oh well ....

Maybe it was LOL! Outing Trolls is FUN! Better Info Truman troll
person?
From: bugbear on
Robert Coe wrote:

> :
> : Those are points of "interest", not random points. I think the point
> : of the mandate is to try to take interesting pictures at uninteresting
> : (random) locations.
>
> A few observations on that:
>
> - Some of those "points of interest" are not, in themselves, particularly
> interesting. The challenge is to go there and find a shot that makes the site
> as interesting as it can be. Whether the site was chosen at random or by some
> other method that's effectively beyond the photographer's control is not that
> relevant, arguably.

Actually, going to a conventional "interesting location"
is probably limiting, since the "right photograph"
is so clearly defined.

I've been to beauty spots where there are literally
"take your photo from here" plaques on the ground.

If you were to do so, your photograph would
be very similar to the postcards on sale nearby.

BugBear
From: zulu on
> Vitriol? You talk about vitriol and you don't see how much of the blatant
> and ignorant vitriol is being spewed about compact and smaller sensored
> cameras?

did LOL! Outing Trolls is FUN! Better Info Truman get abused by small
sensor camera when growing up? you sure do hate them bad. aw poor LOL!
Outing Trolls is FUN! Better Info Truman its so sad

> No bout adout it. You'd be in the cross-hairs, first in line. How nature
> ever allowed your genetic lineage of stupidity to survive this long is
> beyond me. Maybe it's just a test to see whichever one is smarter than you
> will be the first to do you in as simple target-practice.

do you have happy tree friends in your make believe world? they fun,
not like you. you waste of biological material, god could of made more
sea slugs instead and world be much better place