From: Jerry on
Jerry wrote:

> The idea is that since the phase velocity of the RF beams
> traveling through the two waveguides is different, then
> the two beams would be differentially sensitive to the
> effects of motion through any hypothetical aether.

Uh, I guess I shouldn't have used the word "any".
A Lorentz aether, for example, would not be detectable by
this or any other experiment.

Jerry

From: kenseto on
Here's my point:
SR says:
1. Two touching and synchronized clocks will remain synchronized after
moving in the opposite directions at the same speed and came to rest again.
2. It is impossible to determine the value of OWLS because OWLS is dependent
on the synchronization procedure choosen. The question is: Why can't we use
the synchronized clocks described in item #1 to measure OWLS?
3. Numerous experiments were performed to confirm that OWLS is isotropic and
thus from that OWLS is equal to TWLS and equal to c because TWLS is measured
to be isotropic c. The question is: Why were the values of OWLS for these
experiments not reported? Why did they have to use the isotropy of OWLS to
conclude that it is equal to c? Is it because the measured value of OWLS is
not equal to c even though that OWLS is isotropic? I think so. What do you
think?

Here's what a correct ether theory would say:
1. Two touching and synchronized clocks will remain synchronized after
moving in the opposite directions at the same speed and came to rest again.
These two clocks can be used to measure the value and isotropy of OWLS.
2. The OWLS is measured to be isotropic using the clocks described in item
#1.
3. The measured value of OWLS is not c. The measured value of OWLS is
distance dependent.
4. The paper in the following link describes a correct ether theory:
http://www.geocities.com/kn_seto/2005Unification.pdf

Ken Seto

From: Jerry on
kenseto wrote:

> 3. Numerous experiments were performed to confirm that
> OWLS is isotropic and thus from that OWLS is equal to TWLS
> and equal to c because TWLS is measured to be isotropic c.
> The question is: Why were the values of OWLS for these
> experiments not reported?

Because an experiment designed to test for OWLS anisotropy
is not necessarily capable of providing a figure for OWLS
itself.

> Why did they have to use the isotropy of OWLS to conclude
> that it is equal to c? Is it because the measured value of
> OWLS is not equal to c even though that OWLS is isotropic?
> I think so. What do you think?

I think you have never bothered to familiarize yourself with
the details of the experiments that have verified OWLS
isotropy. I recommend that you download, read, and try to
understand the three papers that I posted on the subject at
http://imaginary_nematode.home.comcast.net/LightSpeed.htm

You are lacking in basic logic skills, if you think there is
any way around the fact that isotropic OWLS implies OWLS=TWLS.

Jerry

From: kenseto on

"Jerry" <Cephalobus_alienus(a)comcast.net> wrote in message
> kenseto wrote:
>
> > 3. Numerous experiments were performed to confirm that
> > OWLS is isotropic and thus from that OWLS is equal to TWLS
> > and equal to c because TWLS is measured to be isotropic c.
> > The question is: Why were the values of OWLS for these
> > experiments not reported?
>
> Because an experiment designed to test for OWLS anisotropy
> is not necessarily capable of providing a figure for OWLS
> itself.

This is bull. The true test for isotropy is by determining the flight times
of light between the two synchronized clocks A and B in both directions
(A--->B and B--->A). If the flight time in both directions is the same then
you have isotropy. The value of of OWLS can be determined simply by
measuring the distance between A and B using a physical ruler.
I notice that you snipped out my items #1 and 2. Here it is again:
"SR says:"
1. Two touching and synchronized clocks will remain synchronized after
moving in the opposite directions at the same speed and came to rest again.
2. It is impossible to determine the value of OWLS because OWLS is dependent
on the synchronization procedure choosen. The question is: Why can't we use
the synchronized clocks described in item #1 to measure OWLS?

> > Why did they have to use the isotropy of OWLS to conclude
> > that it is equal to c? Is it because the measured value of
> > OWLS is not equal to c even though that OWLS is isotropic?
> > I think so. What do you think?
>
> I think you have never bothered to familiarize yourself with
> the details of the experiments that have verified OWLS
> isotropy. I recommend that you download, read, and try to
> understand the three papers that I posted on the subject at
> http://imaginary_nematode.home.comcast.net/LightSpeed.htm
>
> You are lacking in basic logic skills, if you think there is
> any way around the fact that isotropic OWLS implies OWLS=TWLS.

No it is you who lack logic skills. On earth OWLS can be isotropic and yet
have a different value than TWLS. The following link will explain why:
http://www.geocities.com/kn_seto/2005Experiment.pdf

Ken Seto

From: Jerry on
kenseto wrote:
> "Jerry" <Cephalobus_alienus(a)comcast.net> wrote in message
> > kenseto wrote:
> >
> > > 3. Numerous experiments were performed to confirm that
> > > OWLS is isotropic and thus from that OWLS is equal to TWLS
> > > and equal to c because TWLS is measured to be isotropic c.
> > > The question is: Why were the values of OWLS for these
> > > experiments not reported?
> >
> > Because an experiment designed to test for OWLS anisotropy
> > is not necessarily capable of providing a figure for OWLS
> > itself.
>
> This is bull.

Consider a photofinish camera used at horse races, track events,
etc. The design of the camera allows it to assess very accurately
the winner of a race. But it is useless for assessing the time
it took for a horse to run the track.

An instrument designed to test OWHS anisotropy (one way horse
speed anisotropy) is not necessarily capable of measuring OWHS.

> > You are lacking in basic logic skills, if you think there is
> > any way around the fact that isotropic OWLS implies OWLS=TWLS.
>
> No it is you who lack logic skills. On earth OWLS can be isotropic
> and yet have a different value than TWLS. The following link
> will explain why:
> http://www.geocities.com/kn_seto/2005Experiment.pdf

You write:
"Michelson-Morley failed to ask the relevant question:
What is the direction of absolute motion of the
apparatus with respect to the defined horizontal plane
of the light rays that will produce a null result
for all the orientations of the horizontal arms? The
answer to this question is: If the apparatus is
moving vertically then a null result will be obtained
for all the orientations of the horizontal arms."

Michelson-Morley took measurements six hours apart during
separate experimental runs spaced months apart.
Are you saying that the apparatus was moving vertically
on all occasions? Are you saying that -everybody- who
has repeated the MMX experiment with ever increasing
sensitivity over the years has had their apparatus oriented
vertically with respect to Earth's absolute motion through
space?

Are you stating that the Earth spirals through space
in a direction perpendicular to whatever MMX experiment
is being run at the moment?

Oh, yes. Your incomprehensible E-matrix garbage...

Jerry