First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
select_catalog_role does not let me see data dictionary . why?
Subject: select_catalog_role does not let me see data dictionary II am on Oracle 10.2 on HP UNIX 11i. My id has been assigned select_catalog_role, yet I ger error when doing Select * from dba_users Select * from dba_tablespaces I can access some v$ views but not all; e.g., I could not access v $session. Is th... 22 Jun 2010 17:08
connect to external DB ( sqlserver ) via JDBC
Hello, I remember that we tested this years ago( DB on windows with ODBC ) , but don't know where to search for dcumentation today. Is it possible to create a link to a non oracle db ( sqlserver or other ) from our oracle 11 DB ? Is the access to the external tables transparent ? Thanks Andreas ... 23 Jun 2010 10:35
Inverse function of ODCINumberList ?
Hi, The ODCINumberList function allows you to to: SQL> select * from table(sys.odcinumberlist(1,2,9)); COLUMN_VALUE ------------ 1 2 9 => is there another function that would make the other way around and take a tabular result set of a single column to make a list of it ?... 22 Jun 2010 11:33
Fueling your car with natural gas from home
Dear Everyone, as you know the price of the Oil is more and more increasing, while the oil supply is decreasing. Moreover Oil is causing wars, terror, oil spills, a lot of greenhouse gases. Do you know that there is plenty of natural gas ? The supply will last for many decades, probably for hundred years. A lot o... 22 Jun 2010 04:59
Cluster Health Monitor, weird directory permissions
Hi, I've installed Oracle Cluster Health Monitor (IPD/OS) as per the readme supplied. The systems are monitored by Tripwire which flagged a couple of world writeable directories. What suprised me was the /usr/lib/oracrf/log/<host> directory which oracle is setting to 722! Has anyone come across this issu... 22 Jun 2010 03:55
Oracle Grid Control help.
Hi everyone, I would like to know if I am able to have Grid Control generate a monthly 'metric' report. I am interested to know if I can say have Grid Control 'log' blocks for the database on a daily basis and at the end of the month I can generate a summary/report on the numbers accumulated over the month. I... 22 Jun 2010 14:54
Discount Wholesale LV Jeans from china,paypal payment and free shipping
Discount Wholesale Affliction Jeans <free shipping paypal payment> Discount Wholesale AK Jeans (http://picasaweb.google.de/peopletrade.clothing002/ ) Discount Wholesale Armani Jeans Discount Wholesale Artful Dodger Jeans <free shipping paypal payment> Discount Wholesale BAPE Jeans Discount Wholesale BBC (http:/... 21 Jun 2010 21:23
Introductory courses for Oracle 11g
Please can anyone tell me where I can easily learn oracle? I am new and I need some introductory lessons. Thanks. ... 22 Jun 2010 10:27
query
Hello, while writing this code EXECUTE IMMEDIATE ('ALTER TABLE MAILS_TEMPLATES ADD (SEND_ITEM VARCHAR2(1) DEFAULT' || 'N' || 'NOT NULL)'); i got an error ORA-00907: missing right parenthesis. whe can be the mistake? thank you ... 21 Jun 2010 18:01
dfs lock handle
Hi, I've got strange problem with my db. It happend two times lately - many DML session has hung on "TX-index contention" waiting for the session which is hanging on "DFS handle lock" - with no blocker of course. Then like an avalanche...in few minutes almost all DML were hanging on dfs lock handle or TX-inde... 21 Jun 2010 11:18