From: Lars Haugseth on
* Anssi Saari <as(a)sci.fi> wrote:

> "Joe Forster/STA" <sta(a)c64.org> writes:
>
>> Yes, it may not be a HardSID...
>
> Now *that* would be the coolest, a portable HardSID! Maybe the
> originator of this thread might consider that as an option?

Portable 12V DC (in the MP3-player meaning of "portable"), now
there's a challenge... ;-)

--
Lars Haugseth
From: Oldbitcollector on

> The capture I posted was an early capture which was extremely limited
> by my method
> of grabbing it.  Even the author of the emulator has complained. :)
> We'll post another
> (from him) soon and see if we can make both of you happy.

Here's one recorded from the author of the emulation software.
One channel is a real SID, the other is the emulation.

http://forums.parallax.com/forums/attach.aspx?a=36539

Which is which? :)

OBC
From: Joe Forster/STA on
> Here's one recorded from the author of the emulation software.
> One channel is a real SID, the other is the emulation.

Very nice! All I can hear is that is that one of the channels has more
bass... Is the emulator software a completely new one or is it based
on some already existing one; can we get some specifications about it?
From: Oldbitcollector on
On Nov 24, 6:30 am, "Joe Forster/STA" <s...(a)c64.org> wrote:
> > Here's one recorded from the author of the emulation software.
> > One channel is a real SID, the other is the emulation.
>
> Very nice! All I can hear is that is that one of the channels has more
> bass... Is the emulator software a completely new one or is it based
> on some already existing one; can we get some specifications about it?

The emulator runs on 1 cog (1/8th) of a Parallax Propeller chip.
This is the chip which is incorporated into the SIDstick design.

Perhaps I can talk the author into dropping in and giving some
additional insight into the design.

OBC
From: Groepaz on
A. Hornbridge wrote:

> Clocky <notgonn(a)happen.com> schrieb:
>> Maybe I am missing the point, but wouldn't it be much easier to grab an
>> MP3 recorded from a real C64 from SOASC and put it on a portable MP3
>> player?
>
> Would it not be easier to buy the stick device and copy a SID file to it?

it would have been, if that propeller "emulation" wouldnt be fake as hell,
and thus requires preprocessing the .sid file :)

--

http://www.hitmen-console.org http://magicdisk.untergrund.net
http://www.pokefinder.org http://ftp.pokefinder.org

Easy to learn = hard to use, Easy to use = hard to learn, Easy to learn and
use = won't do what you want it to, Powerful = hard to learn and use,
Menu-driven = easy to learn.
<Stephen Manes>

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Prev: PS/2 Mouse support on C64 and VIC20
Next: 64'er DOS