From: Oldbitcollector on
I've been working as Beta tester for the last few months on a SID
emulation project.
The final product is extremely good and sounds very close to the real
thing.

I'm considering assembly of a board which runs on 3v, and plays SID
files from an SD card.
I've got a very nice prototype running on my workbench, so SID music
on the go is a reality.

Any interest in a product like this? I'm considering a batch of PCBs

OBC
From: Anssi Saari on
Oldbitcollector <jeffledger(a)gmail.com> writes:

> Any interest in a product like this? I'm considering a batch of PCBs

I'd be interested in a software solution that could run in a mobile
device, MP3 player or phone... Nokia phone or MP3 player running
Rockbox, to be exact. But a separate device? Kinda depends on the
features and price.
From: Joe Forster/STA on
> Nokia phone or MP3 player running Rockbox, to be exact.

But Rockbox already does play SIDPlay musics.
From: Rudolf Harras on
Anssi Saari schrieb:
> Oldbitcollector <jeffledger(a)gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Any interest in a product like this? I'm considering a batch of PCBs
>
> I'd be interested in a software solution that could run in a mobile
> device, MP3 player or phone... Nokia phone or MP3 player running
> Rockbox, to be exact. But a separate device? Kinda depends on the
> features and price.

This is exactly the same I was thinking. Also even with Nokia Symbian
S60v3. Don't know if there exists any player yet but since I use my
phone for listening music it would make more sense there.

Although I like the idea, I think I'd only buy such a hardware device if
I find it at the electronic market at the teller and if it costs below
10 Euro. I'm sorry to say that.
From: Anssi Saari on
"Joe Forster/STA" <sta(a)c64.org> writes:

>> Nokia phone or MP3 player running Rockbox, to be exact.
>
> But Rockbox already does play SIDPlay musics.

Oh yeah? Well. Sure. Kinda like a ZX Spectrum plays SID music, not at
all or at least not very well.

Now granted, it's been about a year ago since I tried it with Rockbox
3.0 and results were extremely bad. No sound at all or reproduction so
bad the song was barely recognizable. I went through the Rockbox
changes since then but there was nothing about SID support. In fact,
searching for SID on the Rockbox site turns up only two bug reports
from 2007. SID support is also mentioned in the MajorChanges wiki
page, but if someone put some major work into this recently, it's
pretty quiet.

As far as I know, the problem with my request is that there's no
accurate fixed point SID model and portable devices don't usually have
floating point processors, so porting sidplay2 or resid is hard.

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Prev: PS/2 Mouse support on C64 and VIC20
Next: 64'er DOS