From: a7yvm109gf5d1 on
JohnH. wrote:
> > You seem to have a fairly urgent need of such a device.
>
> It is a matter of convenience. I'd like to get all of my computer
> systems operating off of one monitor. Currently I have all of these
> operating off of my Dell 2407FPW monitor.
>
> * My main PC running XP (via VGA)
> * A PC running 64HDD (via VGA)
> * A C128D (40 column via composite)
> * An Atari 130XE (via S-Video)

Nice setup. I have a IIgs scumming around somewhere that would also
benefit from being hooked up to a VGA monitor.

> The only think I cannot get to work on the monitor is 80 Column output
> from the C128 RGBI port. From previous threads it seems like my best
> option may be to try and find or create a RGBI to RGB Component

RGBI to RGB is not hard. But I think that monitor wants YUV component
video. RGBI to YUV shouldn't be hard but I've never examined that
option. The monitor would be doing all the work of upscanning, etc. I'm
sure you will not see scan lines on the monitor with 15KHz YUV.

> interface. The Dell 2407FPW support RGB Component input.

Oooooh, is that LCD nice? Looks tempting. What video card is driving
that?

> I'm not really a hardware guy. I can do simple things. But, I think
> I'm better off trying to go off-the-self if possible.

Off-the-shelf is the way to go. Never try to design something that
already exists. I originally started because none of the boxes out
there handled RGBI or CGA properly. I think this is the first time I
see a viable commercial product but I was not prepared for the price.
Did you confirm that price BTW?

The weather forecast call for a rainy weekend. So no biking or hiking.

From: MagerValp on

a> BTW CGA and RGBI should be the same thing, but the IBM CGA monitor
a> did some tricks to the brown/dark yellow color that I'm still not
a> sure the C= monitors did.

I can confirm that the 1901 shows dark yellow as brown.

--
___ . . . . . + . . o
_|___|_ + . + . + . Per Olofsson, arkadspelare
From: Dragos on
First you say to wait for your project, then you say your not going to
be selling them. well, that i believe, you cant sell something that
you'll never finish. you do seem to have wildstar conviced, but thats
not too hard.

More vaporcrap, more hype, more BS.

From: Joseph Fenn on

On Wed, 11 Oct 2006, Leif Bloomquist wrote:

> "JohnH." <john(a)jrcc.net> wrote in message
>
>> The only think I cannot get to work on the monitor is 80 Column output
>> from the C128 RGBI port.
>
> You can get mediocre monochrome composite output from the RGBI Port on Pin
> 7. You'd be missing out on the excellent color, but at least you'd be able
> to display the information.

Hogwash
joe

From: Joseph Fenn on

On Wed, 11 Oct 2006, MagerValp wrote:

> a> BTW CGA and RGBI should be the same thing, but the IBM CGA monitor
> a> did some tricks to the brown/dark yellow color that I'm still not
> a> sure the C= monitors did.
>
> I can confirm that the 1901 shows dark yellow as brown.
>
> --
> ___ . . . . . + . . o
> _|___|_ + . + . + . Per Olofsson, arkadspelare
> o-o . . . o + MagerValp(a)cling.gu.se
> - + + . http://www.cling.gu.se/~cl3polof/

Well again I say find something that will do the job for C128
in 80 col mode and buy it (I'll have another Heinekens in the meantime
Joe
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Prev: USB chip